TaoTronics Dual Mesh system

Soldato
Hey guys,

having trouble with my powerline adapters in my man cave, specifically my Xbox. I have since ran an Ethernet cable from the router to the Xbox directly and seems more stable so far..

with advice on OCUK other thread, a mesh system is the best / only way to go.

I was looking at, the TaoTronics Mesh system (2 pack).

how do they hold up? Seem good on the Tube reviews?

cheers.

Soldato
OP
Run a cable. Even in a rented property you can run a flat cable just taped to the skirting boards and around door frames and under carpets. It won’t damage anything and your problem will simply cease to exist.

i have 4 doors to wrap round and would probably need at least a 50m Ethernet cable for this. So really this isn’t an option.

they get good reviews, i have been using a tenda mw6 setup and whist some parts of my network are wired i need to go fully wireless for a time
reviews seem positive and they are a fair bit faster than the mw6 so i have bought a pair to try as they are a good price at the moment

would prefer to be wired but that not going to happen :confused:

To clarify, did you say you bought a couple of the Taotronics to try? If so, did you get them on offer, ( with the discount option? ).

not sure if I can say the source I got mine from? Maybe a mod can clarify??

Soldato
OP
Well, got the routers today. Seem good. Only problem is coverage, which I think is this old building brick walls :(

so after some testing I have found to need one more for strong coverage, so ordered another 2 pack.

until then it will be the Ethernet trailing through rooms until they come, should be Friday.

Soldato
OP
actually set my 2 up, its much quicker than the MW6, 60 MBps or there abouts, i did order another set but made another account to get the £50 voucher
quite impressed but one thing i cannot find is how to reserve a ip address
maybe not as good as a wired setup but not far off, so far

yeah,my internet isn’t the fastest but still getting near the top speeds on the TaoTronics..

I also used another account to save the voucher code. :p

Back
Top Bottom