Tarmac front entrance

Associate
Hi, I’ve had all my drive redone and the tarmac pavement wants redoing to bring up to level of new drive, am I aloud to get an approved council person who does this all the time I know to put new kerbs and tarmac down ? The kerbs are all ready lowered just wanting to put new ones in.

Thanks

I would say you need to get permission from the Council first, because it's public highway and not your property.

It's a bit like how you're not supposed to fix potholes by yourself, they don't like it.

Last edited:
Hi, I’ve had all my drive redone and the tarmac pavement wants redoing to bring up to level of new drive, am I aloud to get an approved council person who does this all the time I know to put new kerbs and tarmac down ? The kerbs are all ready lowered just wanting to put new ones in.

Thanks
As said the Kerbs are public highway which means the council will need to be informed and give approval for any work, and will require anyone doing the work to be qualified and insured etc.
They may still charge a fee to inspect/check the work and deal with the paperwork.

If the pavement is in any way potentially dangerous the council may do repairs if needed FOC, but they won't touch it free if it's just that you've altered your existing drive.

It's a bit like how you're not supposed to fix potholes by yourself, they don't like it.
Probably because they're worried about people using cold fill tarmac and not pressing it down, so it ends up flying out as a lump and causing more damage or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom