Task tracking

Soldato
What do people here use to track tasks/features that need implementing? In work we use Jira, which is good. But what about personal projects are there any good free products out there.

I have a habit of having a tasklist.txt file but I'd like something a bit better. Kanban maybe? I'm not sure how good that would be at tracking dependencies i.e. tasks A + B need to be complete before we can start task C that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Associate
I quite like Trello for this sort of thing... I keep track of larger projects/jobs with it, then use something like Redmine or Youtrack for tracking finer details.

The trouble with a lot of issue-trackers is the good ones are tailored to a specific workflow. If that workflow doesn't meld well with you, then they're useless. Trello is simple enough to work for most applications, but still a step-up from notepads.

Soldato
ActiveCollab at work as I needed more project management over just issue/feature tracking.

Youtrack is pretty good for free & I did use Trac with SVN integration for a while but that's a pain to set up.

Also OneNote or Evernote.

[Edit]
Just trying Trello now as I'm seeing it more and more. Looks good, will be nice for some personal projects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom