tax disc in post

Soldato
The DVLA post them out very quickly, I get mine in the post the next day if its a weekday I order it, including Sat....

ANPR should pick up the fact you've paid it???? Can someone correct me on this....??

I'm sure the police can see its been paid, would they 'actually' do you for failure to display if its in the post???

Soldato
The DVLA post them out very quickly, I get mine in the post the next day if its a weekday I order it, including Sat....

ANPR should pick up the fact you've paid it???? Can someone correct me on this....??

I'm sure the police can see its been paid, would they 'actually' do you for failure to display if its in the post???

It'll show on ANPR as being paid, well it better as it has been sorted. They can do you for it, as you are not displaying a valid tax disc, as the offence is not displaying a valid one and not that you have no tax. As has been said many times in the past in threads like this, it's crazy in this day and age, but there you go.

InvG

Man of Honour
basically my new tax disc is in the post, my current one ran out yesterday, is it ok to drive with the old one in still?

No, failiure to display a valid tax disc.

Why does everyone leave everything so late? You can't even used the tired old I HAVE A LIFE IM NOT A STUDENT gag either as it takes 23 seconds online.

Caporegime
Yes Fox some people are lazy. :)

The chances of the police doing anything, aslong as it clears when they check, is very slim to none. I would risk it.

Associate
As per this notice that my brother received a few days ago, you should be fine for up to 5 days after your current tax ran out, as long as you purchased the new tax before the old one ran out, which it seems you did.

:)

Soldato
You're in the same boat as me, I've been on holiday and I arrived back the day before my tax was due. What's even worse is I have to park my car off the drive in local parking so no doubt I'll get a fine!

Back
Top Bottom