TBS 6904 Plex

Associate
After leaving Sky I'm looking at Freesat options, I have a TBS 6904 4 channel tuner, I used this years ago with Plex and it worked well, however I'm now trying to get it setup again and I cannot find the power cable, it's either been binned or it's hidden in one of the many boxes of wires.

Who knows what connector is used on this card? I've not used it for years and I would like to start using it for TV instead of going down the Freesat route. One end to the cable uses the traditional Molex connector, the connector on this end I have no idea, if only I knew what happened to the old power cable.

88YoAAj.jpeg

I'm just wondering now if I can get it to detect channels without power. There isn't much information about it, it could have been a case at the time of me just plugging in the cable because it was there. It does seem strange that the card and 4 tuners are detected but it cannot tune into any channels. I'm looking to tune into the Astra 28.2 satellite, the next two drop downs I cannot remember what I used for, Diseqc and Ku-Linear. Information seems to be very limited.

I'm now wondering if it is the LNB settings, this would be the next most obvious failing point:

F7p57xY.jpeg

RbB5hkU.jpeg

mw72409.jpeg

OQrQ2FM.jpeg

RQlicHy.jpeg

A quick update to this, the TBS 6904 is now working on Plex. I'm not using it as a DVR, it is just so that TV can be watched in different areas of the house, and a bit of a fun project. Main TV watching is through Sky Stream, I already have 3 Sky Pucks, and this puts the redundant Sky dish back into action.

I'm still figuring it out and changing settings, so I don't expect it to be fully functional for a while, but here's a few pics:

sRWZQjU.jpeg

HK4Rk5T.jpeg

Cables are a mess, I'll get it working before I tidy everything up!
3T6dsI3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom