Team E-mail Management Software? Front for 365?

Soldato
Evening All,

I have a small team of employees currently sharing an inbox. However this is not being done how you might expect.

Rather than all viewing this mailbox in realtime, they each receive a copy of any e-mail sent to its address. What each team member then does with this e-mail (delete, file, flag, categorise etc) is not mirrored for the other uses. Once one of them has responded this comes from their own e-mail address and the others only continue to see e-mail trail when either on CC with their specific work e-mail address or this shared e-mail address.

Essentially e-mails are being routed to their own mailboxes from this other address. This occasionally causes confusion, e-mails to be missed, double handled and daily causes a lot of unnecessary communication among them just to manage this workflow. They receive hundreds of e-mails per day during our busiest periods.

I'm planning to change how this is run to the more traditional shared mailbox and use folders or categorisation to assign and manage workflow. However I've stumbled upon 'Front' which seems quite well suited and looks to integrate Teams and Outlook in to one. I myself have never worked as part of a team fielding workflow like this but can see the downfalls in how they currently work and the benefits to a traditional shared mailbox or something like Front.

I am not really restricted by budget though Front would cost us around £5-600pa and our needs are not really much more complex than this. For example, ticketing and more complex logging would be overkill currently.

I'd be keen to hear what other solutions people are using either working as part of a team like this or where they know of a team within their organisation using something to similar effect.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are you not using shared mailboxes which they can all access from their own accounts and respond from there?

It's part of most email systems including M365. This looks like more of a stupid way of working rather than a problem that will be fixed by changing tools.

Back
Top Bottom