Team GB kit

Soldato
I am close to putting in a 1k plus bid for a signed Bradley Wiggins jersey on the memorabilia site (numbered #1 of 100)

I'm not sure how to feel about signed memorabilia sometimes. While I'm tempted to bid myself on a few items, they exist to do nothing but make LOCOG and their partner who is managing the memorabilia some money.

I only started thinking about it when I saw comments from F1 drivers attending Goodwood that they were surprised how many people were flogging stuff for profit that they had signed. I think its different when its a charity auction as obviously the money is going to a good cause, or if an athlete signs it for you personally as thats very special and far more unique.

Also the photos used for a number of the athlete show them signing memorabilia from the last Olympics, however the items are from London. So likely most of the items were signed before these Olympics and before they actually won their medals, so I don't know whether to view that as detracting from it somewhat.

One example I'd add is that one of the runners wanted to keep the baton from their winning relay race last night. However it was taken from them by an Official who received a huge boo from the crowd. That same baton will now be available on the auction site. It's very money grabbing and the athletes should be able to keep them first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know a place where I can get other country kit? Trying to find some team Kenya kit for a friends birthday present. Any ideas????

They likely don't have quite the same support/advertising/merchandise as the likes of us in Britain/USA/China/Russia etc, so it might not even be possible to buy it at all. I've certainly not see anyone wearing any Kenyan team wear.

Maybe try asking at their NOCH if you are in London.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I didn't like it at first but I have to admit it looks very smart on the athletes. I only really have two complaints about it. First is I found it quite difficult to spot among the other athletes; particularly in the running and cycling events compared to Spain, Australia, Kazakhstan etc who had kit that was easy to spot in a crowd. Second, I thought the kit was a little inconsistent from sport to sport. If you went from one sport to another where they were quite different (e.g. athletics to triathlon), it could be quite difficult trying to pick out the GB athletes.

Soldato
I didn't like it at first but I have to admit it looks very smart on the athletes. I only really have two complaints about it. First is I found it quite difficult to spot among the other athletes; particularly in the running and cycling events compared to Spain, Australia, Kazakhstan etc who had kit that was easy to spot in a crowd. Second, I thought the kit was a little inconsistent from sport to sport. If you went from one sport to another where they were quite different (e.g. athletics to triathlon), it could be quite difficult trying to pick out the GB athletes.

Yeah it was a bit random.

For example the women's hockey team were wearing a pretty much purely red kit, which obviously is totally different to many of the other kits which are essentially navy blue and white.

Does anyone know if Adidas are going to make any more???

Everything is sold out. Surly they wont miss an oppertunity to make more £££.

That's unknown.

I did see that Wiggle who are a pretty big stockist replied to one request on the site that they were trying to get more stock from Adidas, but it was proving difficult. I would think there is a pretty narrow window in which they can really make money off of Olympics kit, right now is clearly the time, so if they are going to re-release it, they need to do so sharpish.

Its a bit like the Team GB flags, when I was in the Park last week, the store had sold out. One guy I asked about it said it was silly that they had run out because nearly everybody was asking for them, so that would have been major easy ££££££ if they had the stock.

I might ask in the Adidas store if I'm near Oxford Street this week, but I would think sales staff have no clue what their head office is doing about production runs.

Soldato
The Team GB Cycling Jerseys are selling for roughly £130 on eBay!

Crazy... wish I'd bought some of the size small ones they still had in the Adidas store a couple of weeks ago now!

Soldato
Its mental isnt it.

I went into evans before the Olympics and saw everything I wanted, bibs, long sleve and short sleve jersery's and thought...i'll pick some up when its cheaper after the event.

Bugger!

Soldato
There hasn't been any new stocks in stores.

At the Adidas store on Oxford Street, the only item relating to cycling they had left were a few pairs of the bib shorts.
I asked a member of staff but they don't really know anything.

I was in the London 2012 Superstore in the Park yesterday and the amount of Adidas Team GB kit is already significantly less than it was a few weeks back.

What so you can actually get the Team GB cycling top at the Olympic park?

Maybe....

I went to excel on tuesday to see the powerlifting, and they had several shops selling team GB stuff, but I didn't see any cycling tops there. I wanted to get some more shorts (already got a pair of sweat-shorts from M&S, but wanted some cycling shorts as well). Ended up with a team GB t-shirt and a paralympics hooded top. It was mostly paralympics stuff there, I guess they'd sold out of a lot of the team GB or London 2012 stuff.

Back
Top Bottom