Team T-Force vs Vengeance LPX

Associate
Hiya peoples,

I am currently getting the parts together for my second ryzen 5 build and wondered what anyones advice on the best / cheapest DDR4-3000 memory is for it?

The last build i used Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 gb modules of DDR4-3000 ram, but as the budget of this new build is getting slightly out of hand i am looking at cheaper options and seen Team T-Force / Night Hawk 16Gb (2x8gb) DDR4-3000 Memory on a particular part searching site and wondered if it was any good to use with Ryzen dropped in to an Asus Prime B350 board?

Soldato
Best performance comes from Samsung b die based ram, corsair lpx is normally Hynix based which runs slower on ryzen.

As the ryzen cpu performance depends on the speed you run the ram at best not to economise too much unless you have to. Ideally you want the memory running at 3000 or faster when installed. 2133 is said to be up to 40% slower depending what you are doing.

OcUK Staff
Prime B350 go 8Pack Dark pro 3200mhz C14 mems. Its working very solid 3200mhz so you get the extra performance yield.

I know the T force is working on the higher boards at 2933 mhz but on the B350 chipset I am really not confident. The Corsair LPX stuff is a minefield and I am pretty sure not working above 2666mhz reliably on current Bios.

Associate
OP
Prime B350 go 8Pack Dark pro 3200mhz C14 mems. Its working very solid 3200mhz so you get the extra performance yield.

I know the T force is working on the higher boards at 2933 mhz but on the B350 chipset I am really not confident. The Corsair LPX stuff is a minefield and I am pretty sure not working above 2666mhz reliably on current Bios.

GO 8 Pack...

8 pack is way expensive than what i was wanting / willing to pay.

I was wanting to go cheaper than corsair LPX as stated in my original post as my budget has gotten a little out of hand..
I am gonna stick with 3000 ram but was wanting a suggestion of a cheaper brand which still has a good performance.

Can i ask what Samsung b die based ram ram is as i am not familiar with it :)

Oh and thanks for the replies guys, sorry for my late reply i been working long hours recently :)

OcUK Staff
Samsung b die is the Ic on the pcb of the memory sticks.

With Ryzen to get speed and performance gaurenteed you need b die as it's very compatible with the tight timings that are trained with the ryzen Imc and Agesa code within bios.

My sticks are all gaurenteed b die which is premium quality and a special spd for Ryzen. We have sold hundreds of kits per month for this reason as very little is working as well.or even close to these.

If you want to run 2933 the team you mention can for sure do on a more expensive board. But I did not try on b Chipset. My sticks I verified on many working 3200-3333mhz no issue even B350.

Associate
Associate
OP
Because Ryzen is new its not 100% compatible with all memory chips at certain speeds or timings, it will eventually improve as AMD improves its bios, Samsung B-Die memory is currently the most supported and best for overclocking. Ryzens performance improves with higher speed memory.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £164.69
(includes shipping: £8.70)

I really do thank you for your replies, but as stated i am looking for cheaper options than LPX, not more expensive...
If i could increase my budget, which is currently well over, i would get them but i kinda need to trim the fat on some items to bring it down :(

Oh and i am not currently looking to OC :)

Associate
OP
If you don't use fast memory in ryzen you can lose upto 40% of your performance though. I am not suggesting for no good reason.

Seriously i know what your saying, i have watched many hours of youtube video's and all say the same as you, 3000mhz minimum to maximise the performance..
I was just hoping someone had a little gem hidden away of some really cheap ram that woked well lol :p

Back
Top Bottom