Tell me about Thermos Flasks

Associate
I have decided that I am spending too much money on food so I want to buy a termos flask (or any other brand) to start taking hot soups, stews and pasta etc to work.

After a little reseach it seems like either.....

Aladdin Challenger 1.0l

or

Thermos TherMax Work Flask 1.2L

...are good options.

I have noticed that there are specific flasks designed for food, but they dont seem to be rated to keep the contence of the flask as not for as long. Im not sure if this is the design of the flask, or as I'm more inclined to think its because the food wouldn't be as dencely packed as a liquid would be.

Anyway anyone with any experience have any light to shed on the matter, and perhaps some delicious flask based dinners.

Thanks

Soldato
One of these for £5 from ASDA
41QnLYRcy2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then microwave chosen soup for 2-4 mins.

Soldato
I have decided that I am spending too much money on food so I want to buy a termos flask (or any other brand) to start taking hot soups, stews and pasta etc to work.

After a little reseach it seems like either.....

Aladdin Challenger 1.0l

or

Thermos TherMax Work Flask 1.2L
Thanks

I've got that Thermos TherMax Work Flask 1.2L. Built like a tank but mine stopped keeping things hot after a few months for some unknown reason. It's got a 10 year warranty and I've got a replacement which is still going strong. Keeps drinks hot for a very long time. Having said that, Thermos flasks are now made in China and the quality control isn't nearly as good as when they were made over here. Could say that about most British products though!

Soldato
I have a Thermos flask to take stews and things into work as we don't have a microwave. Works as it should, although aim to eat it around 4 hours after you put it in the flask because it will start to go cold quickly.

Soldato
biggest tip for using a flask of any type is to try and fill it with boiling water for a good 30mins before you put in whatever it is you want to keep warm, as the residual heat with help maintain a good temperature for longer!

I take a small (500ml) flask to work full of coffee, flask was £3.50 from ASDA, once filled and heated as above it will stay hot for around 6hrs no problem :)

Back
Top Bottom