Temp Reading...Confused...PLEASE HELP!!!

GSS

GSS

Associate
I'm getting a temp reading using SpeedFan and I have no idea where the sensor is located or where SpeedFan is getting the reading from?

SpeedFan is reporting 3 temps...Temp1, Temp2, Temp3...as well as GPU and core temps. Temps 1 & 2 are CPU & Mobo Chipset but I'm confused about Temp3. With the exception of Temp3 all my temps are pretty stable, only fluctuating by a few degrees but the Temp3 reading fluctuates vastly and can instantly drop or increase from a max of 25C to a min of 5C :confused:

My Mainboard is an Asus P5N-D, the supporting utilities I use are PC probe II and AI Suite, both monitor temps, voltages, fan speeds etc., and neither app show a 3rd temp? My board supports PWM (Asus Q-Fan2) The board has 4 fan connecters, 3 Q-Fan2/PWM and a fan power header. The rear exhuast fan is connected to the power header, the CPU & Mobo Chipset Fans to two of the Q-Fan2 headers with one spare (not used). SpeedFan also displays Fan3 as unused.

Could the 3rd temp reading in SpeedFan be related to this unused header? if so where is the temp sensor and what is is monitoring, the RAM possibly?

Does anybody know the answer to this?

GSS

GSS

Associate
OP
I must admit, that hadn't occured to me and is plausable, I'm new to SpeedFan, having only installed it a few days ago, i'm not familiar with it's quirks as yet.

Any ideas on the 3rd Q-Fan2/PWM header in terms of it's purpose/use/application. I'm thinking of using it for a RAM Cooler, which may be it's inteded purpose? My mobo manual just describes it as an optional Chassis Fan?

Back
Top Bottom