temperature readings!?!

Associate
hi recently ive been having problems with temperature readings my PC has been giving me regardless of overclocked or not. often it reads the temperature 'wrong' but i dont know what causes this. its the same in the BIOS and with monitoring programs.

sometimes on startup it can be CPU: 0C yes ZERO!!! which isnt right obviously or sometimes it can read cpu 117C yes, celcius! which is very unlikely.
from my experience with this setup my cpu idles at 30C, and goes to 40C in games which the temp gauge reads when it works normally sometimes. it can suddenly switch to 0C, very high temp or normal temp readings while the PC is running. it gets annoying when it goes to 0 without me realising when im in a game and it overheats!!

another problem is, is that the fan doesnt cool the CPU sufficiently when it reads 0C so it can get hot without me realising.

i assume it is the motherboards fault and not the CPU?! its a P4 530 prescott 3.0ghz

edit: the system temperature always works fine

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ill still get a new motherboard! this ones poop. ill check BIOS. im sure theyre up to date. didnt occur to me

edit: cant dl anything from site. manufacturer is useless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom