Tempered glass, am I being paranoid?

Soldato
My old NZXT Phantom has an acrylic panel (which I like looking through), and something in the case is vibrating/resonating and I'm just generally sick of it.

Looking at new full tower cases, everything these days is tempered glass. I have a 6 year old, and I have a wife who loves to move our furniture around periodically. I have also seen a lot of broken side panel pictures (usually next to ceramic tile floors, but still). So I am a bit worried about the ability of the glass to survive all of this, maybe a house move in the next year or two etc. I also like full tower cases and I imagine that much glass is very heavy.

So am I being overly cautious, or should I avoid windowed cases? I just want a big case that is super easy to work in and has loads of space for everything. Obvious choices like the O11 full tower look nice, but man that is a lot of glass

Soldato
OP
Thanks gents, thought this would be the case. I have it on a side cabinet next to my desk so shouldn't take any abuse. just worried the occasional bouncy ball launching off of it might have been cause for concern

Soldato
OP
Well it's arriving on Monday, so I've told my wife to be gentle with the box as I'll be at the office (and to give it a tip to listen for broken glass)

Soldato
OP
It has arrived in one piece, and I only have wooden floors so have been gingerly handling it until I can move my gear over tonight. Until then, I'm just ogling it

Soldato
OP
Well I can confirm it is happy, and so am I. Hasn't taken any direct hits from my daughter yet, but I did lightly dink it with the metal base of my HOTAS and it didn't shatter into a million pieces like I was lead to believe by Reddit, so I agree they are reasonably robust.

Back
Top Bottom