Template or Framework For Data Reporting Tool ?

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a template or framework for a web based data reporting tool.

The template or framework needs to be able to allow for the creation of select queries that will interrogate the data stored in a MySQL database and return the query result sets to the users browser as a columnar report.

In addition to select queries it would be useful if the framework could transform SQL code into a format that can then be used to query the database by the framework. Alternatively, if the framework can cope with IF statements and grouping then that would be fine.

I had a look at "DaDaBik" which is a php front end CRUD application and although it offers some of the functionality I need it seems a bit limited?

Rgds
Bintos

Forgive me but this seems like a relatively simple PHP form scenario? Input box for the query, tiny bit of validation to make sure it's not a malicious query, then output a HTML tables?

Sorry if I've misread, but if I haven't, a framework seems very unnecessary?

Your'e probably right, it's my inexperience in the field that led me to think a framework might be an option.

There are aapproximately 15 different php forms with boxes that accept free text entry, the values of which are then used as filters to query the MySQL database. Although all queries are select queries some involve aggregation and grouping and use statements like IF.

I will post it as a project on vWorker so see what solutions potential developers suggest. I thought that a framework might be something I could get to grips with myself but it seems easier to engage the services of a developer.

Rgds
Bintos

Back
Top Bottom