Tempted, but should I be suspicious?

Associate
I have noticed a seller that is selling new MBPs on ebay for waaay below retail (2016 13.3 touch bar models) i.e around £690, they have 35k feedback, 97% of this is positive (all pc sales) and feedback on the item in question. So, what is the catch?

Soldato
Ask him why they are so cheap.

Only buy if you can do without the money for a while as if it is a scam (it probably is if it's much lower than usual) you'll get it back but not immediately.

Associate
OP
Ask him why they are so cheap.

Only buy if you can do without the money for a while as if it is a scam (it probably is if it's much lower than usual) you'll get it back but not immediately.

Message sent. If it is a scam, I feel sorry for the 200+ people that have bought in ....

Caporegime
Looks a bit odd, he mainly dabbles in individual second hand items, with a few iPads/iPhone that he has double figure of, but then has sold 225 of those MacBooks at well below market value.

He's all sold out anyway.

Associate
OP
Looks a bit odd, he mainly dabbles in individual second hand items, with a few iPads/iPhone that he has double figure of, but then has sold 225 of those MacBooks at well below market value.

He's all sold out anyway.

Plus a further 300 HP 840 G3s for well under RRP (£400 as opposed to £1.1k)

Associate
i've bought many stuff from the seller "millraceit" before, they always delivered within 2-3days. if i find this thread sooner i would have bought it. i wouldn't worry getting scammed, eBay always help buyer, so if unlikely event then eBay will always refund you. if you dont get the item as stated 28-30days then make a dispute.

Associate
OP
There is a 28 day lead-time on them even when they are "in stock"

I have a desktop for daily computing so that would not be a problem. Equally the eBay buyer protection is for 28 days beyond the delivery date, so that would also not be a problem.

Associate
OP
Statement from the seller is that they are "Overstock return pallets that are bought as a job lot along with other pallets so the average price is lower than buying a pallet of this particular item and shipped by boat to save carriage costs".

Seems reasonable.

Associate
Nice, cheers for posting. Ordered, have the non touchbar version so will sell this when (touch wood) it arrives for a possible profit!

Edit - attempting to cancel order sounds a bit fishy if I'm honest.

Last edited:
Associate
I cancelled my cancellation so hoping it arrives in a month as well. Pretty covered with eBay and PayPal anyway, as used PayPal credit.

Back
Top Bottom