Tempted, but should I be suspicious?

Associate
OP
I can wait beyond the month (I don't need it until September), but I will see how it goes + probably provide updates should things change.

Soldato
Maybe after a certain amount of days eBay can no longer get money back from the seller on charity sales and are forced to refund the buyer out of eBay's own pocket?

And everyone knows charity can just be a black hole for a**holes to earn money.

Associate
OP
I emailed the seller a week ago asking if he was getting more stock, no reply. ... hey ho

Hope you guys get sorted.

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. From what I have read on other forums, it is unlikely that that will happen (ie the seller won't get more).

From the seller's replies to others and myself, it is suggested that he/ they purchased 2 pallets of MBP, one was supposed to be shipped (literally) from the US to UK in July the other in August, however, for some reason, the shipping company has delayed the first one and so both are expected to be received on the 11th of August (to the warehouse), meaning the 14th seems like the earliest I/ others will receive.

That is, of course, providing this is not some form of interest earning / other variety of scam, although, ~£1k interest at most vs trashing eBay feedback doesn't seem worth it IMO. Time will tell.

P.s I am not reading too much into the negative feedback at the moment as only 3 are in relation to the item in question (Unless my eBay or web browser is being glitchy).

Mobster
Soldato
I got a MacBook Pro from a seller like the OP's a few years ago. I had to collect it from a small warehouse full of them. Got a proper receipt and everything and I saved £700 or so. Apple verified the receipt and corrected my purchase date. Never had any issues.

My understanding is Apple turn a blind eye to this sort of thing (suspect dodgy imports or stolen perhaps?) as long the new owner has a valid proof of purchase.

Associate
OP
I got a MacBook Pro from a seller like the OP's a few years ago. I had to collect it from a small warehouse full of them. Got a proper receipt and everything and I saved £700 or so. Apple verified the receipt and corrected my purchase date. Never had any issues.

My understanding is Apple turn a blind eye to this sort of thing (suspect dodgy imports or stolen perhaps?) as long the new owner has a valid proof of purchase.

I have noticed quite a few of the warehouse collection sellers on eBay, however, I don't think I would feel safe going/collecting even with good feedback.

Associate
Nice, unfortunately I'm off to Greece for a week today so won't actually pick it up till when I'm back. Look forward to your update in this thread when you receive it ;)

Soldato
Back in stock again too. So cheap that after saying I wouldn't upgrade to the new MBP I decided to go ahead and get one (despite the lack of ports!). 50% off retail and the same one month lead time - US keyboard though. Not too bothered if it goes pear-shaped - eBay will cover it.

Associate
OP
Same for mine, still debating whether to keep it (as I also won a 2017 15 MBP). Think I will sell one of them.

Caporegime
Still not 100% convinced this will actually arrive. No tracking details and the DPD app has no record of a delivery for me.

Time will tell but I'm impatient, cracking deal if it does come through.

Back
Top Bottom