Tennis

Associate
There is also the matter of the sworn affidavit that he submitted to the Australian court on Monday that states he tested positive on the 16th December. There was also a copy of his test result which says he tested positive on 16th December at 8:20pm. Surely he would have been told the result before he went to that event? He is lying about something but what?

If anyone is interested you can see the affidavit - https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/...f-Novak-Djokovic-sworn-on-10-January-2022.pdf

Associate
There is also the matter of the sworn affidavit that he submitted to the Australian court on Monday that states he tested positive on the 16th December. There was also a copy of his test result which says he tested positive on 16th December at 8:20pm. Surely he would have been told the result before he went to that event? He is lying about something but what?

If anyone is interested you can see the affidavit - https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/...f-Novak-Djokovic-sworn-on-10-January-2022.pdf

Who knows what is true but some analysis of the tests here suggest it has all been manipulated. If I was Novax id be concerned of bigger consequences now! Perhaps he should have just got on the next plane home at the time!

https://twitter.com/m_hoppenstedt/status/1480922969295761408?s=21

Soldato
Who knows what is true but some analysis of the tests here suggest it has all been manipulated. If I was Novax id be concerned of bigger consequences now! Perhaps he should have just got on the next plane home at the time!

https://twitter.com/m_hoppenstedt/status/1480922969295761408?s=21
Which tallies with the whole Novak or his people knew a bloke who could 'sort him out' with a positive test. Show it to the Aussie authorities, they'd accept it at face value and admit him, the details of specifics would all be kept private between him and the Aussie Border force and Joe Public would be none the wiser thus wouldn't know where to go looking for inconsistencies in his story.

Soldato
That leaked scruffy quality video of the newsreaders being less than positive about Novak before their broadcast was interesting to see.

Such language from newsreaders, obviously unlinkable :p

Soldato
Regardless of covid he lied on his entry form

theres a question have you travelled anywhere in 14 days prior to entering australia and he said no

but jan 2nd he was photo'd in marbella playing tennis

lying on the entry form in itself can result in 12 months jail :D

Soldato
Regardless of covid he lied on his entry form

theres a question have you travelled anywhere in 14 days prior to entering australia and he said no

but jan 2nd he was photo'd in marbella playing tennis

lying on the entry form in itself can result in 12 months jail :D

This. I don’t see what’s the hold up here with this bloke in charge.

He’s lied, he’s admitted he’s lied on the form - although he blamed it on his manager/team.

Long and the short of it is, he’s put false information on the card to gain legal entry into the country.

Soldato
Since he's already on the courts training, named in the main draw, and the tournament starts on Monday and now it's the weekend in Aus. Seems like he's going to stay unless they are lulling him into a false sense of security.

The minister in charge will be crucified though

fez

fez

Caporegime
If it weren't for the paying fans I would wait until he is about to hit the first ball of the first game and wade onto the court truncheons blazing. Bundle him onto an economy flight and send him home.

This. I don’t see what’s the hold up here with this bloke in charge.

He’s lied, he’s admitted he’s lied on the form - although he blamed it on his manager/team.

Long and the short of it is, he’s put false information on the card to gain legal entry into the country.
I don't get it either, as they have everything they need, to now legally, throw him out.

And they need to because otherwise they have made it clear, that it is one rule for us, and another rule for them.

I really feel sorry for the poor families who have been denied entry.

Associate
The Australian government will be anticipating another appeal from Djokovic's lawyers, but by waiting until the very last minute to cancel his stay the tournament will be well under way already before his appeal is likely heard. There would then be little reason for Djokovic to hang about in Australia.

Soldato
If they come to deport him and he appeals does he have to stay in the hotel again until his appeal is heard?

Cos maybe that's the plan, deport him late Friday and if he appeals it won't be heard till after the tournament begins (thus rendering it pointless) and he'll just give up and leave.

Caporegime
From the outside, it would appear they have more than enough reason to send him back but the fact they've waited this long makes me think they're not confident of making it stick from a legal point of view.

The authorities have already failed to follow the correct procedures once so if they cancel it for a second time, the judge is bound to ask why they left it so late and made it practically impossible for Djokovic to mount a legal challenge before the tournament starts.

As much as I hope he's deported, banned from Australia for 3 years and locked up in Serbia I'm now thinking he'll probably start the tournament.

Soldato
From the outside, it would appear they have more than enough reason to send him back but the fact they've waited this long makes me think they're not confident of making it stick from a legal point of view.

The authorities have already failed to follow the correct procedures once so if they cancel it for a second time, the judge is bound to ask why they left it so late and made it practically impossible for Djokovic to mount a legal challenge before the tournament starts.

As much as I hope he's deported, banned from Australia for 3 years and locked up in Serbia I'm now thinking he'll probably start the tournament.

Not sure what legal you mean. I understand the government has discretion to boot someone and since procedure was the rather crummy reason it initially failed they can boot him for the facts of his paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom