Tennis

Soldato
A sad day for tennis but he is retiring at the right time if his body is telling him that he should stop. I will miss him playing as he was incredible to watch. He really danced like a ballet player around the court.
This is why slams won shouldnt always be used to recognise whos the better player. Federer was unreal to watch.

Caporegime
Raducanu out injured in the Korean open.

Reached the semi finals and was a set and a break up against Ostapenko, so her tennis is showing steady improvement under her new coach, but another injury is concerning.

Edit: Just watched Federer's speech, pretty emotional as was Nadal's reaction.

Last edited:
Associate
I was at the laver cup yesterday. Atmosphere was immense.. bought tickets before all the feds retiring stuff so it was complete luck that I got to see that. But I did buy tickets to see the big 4 obvs

Some scalpers bought all the laver cup/feds merch at the arena and there was nothing left for anyone else

Soldato
I was at the laver cup yesterday. Atmosphere was immense.. bought tickets before all the feds retiring stuff so it was complete luck that I got to see that. But I did buy tickets to see the big 4 obvs

Some scalpers bought all the laver cup/feds merch at the arena and there was nothing left for anyone else

Lucky you. I wish I could be there.

Soldato

Must have been incredible. Was seeing two of the greatest players ever crying to Ellie Goulding as surreal in person as it was on TV?

Associate
Must have been incredible. Was seeing two of the greatest players ever crying to Ellie Goulding as surreal in person as it was on TV?
Haha does she live nearby or something? It came out of nowhere, and to be honest the crying had already started.

I guess they didn’t have much time to prepare something.

Part of me even thought that he’d play another one of the matches as a pure exhibition if europe we’re winning. But then this whole ceremony happened so it really was the last one :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom