Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT

Soldato
Got mine just before christmas (obv. not from here :o ) - using the MCE version with GB-PVR

It is an excellent quality card, but you do get occasional stutters/breaks when recording (with me, it is always on the ITV channels as that is the weakest signal) Previously used a Twinhan DVB-T USB jobbie - this is now in the bin as the software was so sensitive that if the card lost the signal, it rebooted my machine (on three different boxes)

Associate
OP
Hi Andre,

Many thanks for your comments!

I presently use a Nebula Digitv on one machine that breaks up like mad on any channels related to the ITV and Channel 4 muxes :(

On my other machine I use a Freecom USB dongle and while the software is no great shakes I get excellent recordings.

So, I am now going to exploit the makers CeBIT offer and see how I get on

Cheers

Gary

Soldato
I've had one for quite a while. The drivers still aren't on the money (channel scan in MCE returns many many more channels than it should (around 200), and some people still report unexpected signal loss (though this has been sorted for me with the current betas).

There's a huge thread over on avforums about this card, I suggest you have a read before you spend any money.

Soldato
Baron_Samedi said:
Ooops - seems people are as hacked off with the Terratec as much as they are with the Nebula...

I think I'll wait a while :)

Cheers

Gary

Good call! I'm still waiting on decent drivers but terratec don't seem to be in a rush, to top it all it's the only thing not working on my MCE box :(

Back
Top Bottom