Tesco pay at pump...

Clubcard keyring always works fine for me :confused:.

why do people buy £5 of petrol and then pay in the shop?

- Scared of paying at pump for reasons of a fear of technology.
- Wanted a carton of milk in the shop.
- Had a money off voucher, which can only be redeemed in the shop.
- Prefer dealing with a human rather than a machine.
- Did not have any cards with them, only cash.

Take your pick.

Works fine for me, and i use it every time i fill up. I can either scan it or insert it wher i place the card itself, done both and both work.

The amount of times i have gone to the pump and waited only to realise you have to push the pay at kiosk button. Always gets me.

I only pay at counter,

Pay at the pump is an amazing advancement, I can't understand how hardly anybody is ever using them, I often go to the petrol station and see 5+ cars waiting for pumps but with the PATP ones completely free. I can't even begin to understand why this is, what's the difference between putting your card in a machine inside or one at the pump, besides saving loads of time and making everything much faster

My wife used the pay at the pump at our local shell garage. put in £30.00 and has never been charged for it. She got the receipt and everything. money is still sitting in the account and that was about mid summer last year

Works for me! I do have to hold the clubcard a fair distance away from the protective plastic cover in front of the scanner. Too close and it doesn't work at all, even though I can see the laser squiggles clearly over the barcode.

I don't understand this human interaction argument? What do they do? Enquire as to your enjoyment of purchasing the petrol, do a short survey on the stores image and ask "did you find everything you were after?".
No. They say the amount, then say enter your pin, then ask if you want a receipt. Spookily, this is exactly what happens at pay at pump only you don't have to wait around for 5 minutes for the **** in front of you to pick up a lucozade sport and some travel sweets!

Back
Top Bottom