Tesla Model X P100D

Soldato
So I was fortunate enough to be given this for a weekend. Massive thanks to Tesla Leeds.

GnSMltZ.jpg

WgUha8Q.jpg

684dc3m.jpg

Thoughts:

• It's absolutely rapid. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Sat at any speed, you tap the throttle and pretty much immediately you're at licence losing speeds.
  • The quality is to a high standard (for me anyway). Seats we're comfortable, decent sound system and full of the latest tech.
  • Fairly quiet in the cabin. All you can hear is a turbine type noise when accelerating, a bit of wind and tyre noise and then the cooling fans for the batteries after pressing on which are quite loud :(
  • It's completely soulless. Reminds me of the latest Apple products and just couldn't really connect with it.
  • Battery apparently lasts 300 miles but I was lucky to get about 200 from an 80% charge. I charged it up 5 times over 3 days to 80ish%

If I had the money to buy one of these £100,000-£140,000 I was told, I'd get something else. If I lived in Central London then yes I can see the appeal but I do a lot of motorway miles so I just couldn't cope. Superchargers were just too far apart from each other and the nearest one to my house was 30 minutes away (Scotch Corner).

Hopefully battery tech will improve and the range improves :)

Soldato
OP
I think Tesla ultimately is going to fall by the wayside (especially with an increasing unstable Musk at the helm) and just provide the tech for the establishment manufacturers to step in and snap up when the inevitable happens.

They (EV’s) are alas the future for sure but I still see that future quite a way off yet.

I hope not. The car is there it's just the battery tech and charge network letting them down.

Also my next car must have lane assist and adaptive cruise. This is the first car I've driven with it and it's amazing :D

Soldato
OP
You can't really use the screen while driving. It really is a giant iPad so would be classed the same as using your mobile phone.

You'd have to use the onboard voice commands with the button on the steering wheel.

Also every car comes with Spotify Premium which is a nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom