Tesla Model Y

Soldato
It's a cash purchase which is why I'm so undecided. Delaying it until March will add somewhere in the region of £500-£800 to the value which isn't pocket change.
but, you'll be able to travel in february ... unless winter arrives, presumably you've already initiated the subsidised charger install.

5th gear last night critiqued the Y's absence/removal(while ago) of a low regen setting - can you balance the one foot deceleration to give something like an ICE

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Call them.

I changed the colour of my model 3 about 6 times (I was undecided argh!) and each time I asked if it would delay the order.

It was only when the arrival date slipped from September to Dec that they actually stopped guaranteeing the date.

If you push it back to March or request it no earlier than 1st March then you’ll be fine. They offered me the option to deliver the car to my house if I paid £200, which I declined.

Soldato
Call them.

I changed the colour of my model 3 about 6 times (I was undecided argh!) and each time I asked if it would delay the order.

It was only when the arrival date slipped from September to Dec that they actually stopped guaranteeing the date.

If you push it back to March or request it no earlier than 1st March then you’ll be fine. They offered me the option to deliver the car to my house if I paid £200, which I declined.

I'm on hold with them now.

Soldato
I got through to Tesla, and if I push the delivery to March I will "probably get a car" but they can't know for sure until the cars are on the ships and the VINs start being assigned.

I think the chances are good since I ordered the poverty-spec Y.

Associate
I got through to Tesla, and if I push the delivery to March I will "probably get a car" but they can't know for sure until the cars are on the ships and the VINs start being assigned.

I think the chances are good since I ordered the poverty-spec Y.

Ah you must have ordered that cheapo £55k banger? :cry:

On a more serious note, father in law asked about delaying his collection until March and he was told that he'd be put to the back of the 'substantially long' queue for one, and he'd be likely waiting an additional 3 months. That was by Tesla Leeds, if it makes any difference.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Some info for you chaps, direct from a service centre manager today.

Tesla had originally planned to have 4 different Model Ys do a “drive by” event where they’d make their way around multiple showrooms on a tour, where customers could book a test drive.

That was cancelled as demand was so high, so they’re planning to hold 4 “exclusive launches” for those who’ve gotten in early with preorders and get demonstrators in show rooms by March for everyone else.

I know details of the event locally but cannot say as that would compromise the guy that told me.

Associate
I test drove a MY on Monday and was very impressed. Sadly I didn't know how to engage the autopilot, which I would have liked to test. I was fine with just the computer screen and really like the minimalism. I just don't like the wooden dash but have seen it can be swapped out on a M3, so I'm guessing a MY option will be along.

Soldato
I test drove a MY on Monday and was very impressed. Sadly I didn't know how to engage the autopilot, which I would have liked to test. I was fine with just the computer screen and really like the minimalism. I just don't like the wooden dash but have seen it can be swapped out on a M3, so I'm guessing a MY option will be along.

This is a high quality option to get rid of the wood: https://www.rsymons.co.uk/alcantara-dashboard-and-door-trims-for-model-3

They will be offering it for the Y.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Pull down on the driving selector stork twice until you hear the bong :cool:

Once engages cruise control, twice engages autopilot.

Associate
That TopGear review is embarrassing. They clearly filmed it months ago and decided to hold it until just before UK deliveries - so they've got the details wrong and they've missed bits. That and for some reason I can't stand the review format they use in these videos.

Soldato
Had my VIN issued today so hopefully won't be waiting too much longer. From reading the Tesla forums it looks like collection should be early March.

I also did well out of the part-ex offer on the Kodiaq. We Buy Any Car was £27.5k, Motorway £27k-£29.5k and Tesla have offered £29.7k. Not bad considering I paid £30k for it 2 years ago.

That TopGear review is embarrassing. They clearly filmed it months ago and decided to hold it until just before UK deliveries - so they've got the details wrong and they've missed bits. That and for some reason I can't stand the review format they use in these videos.

There was certainly quite a few out of date / incorrect specs there. BHP quoted was miles out, range figure out of date etc.

Back
Top Bottom