Test Drive Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Soldato
McDaniel said:
Maybe you know Bingham

ive seen a lot of cars with no price, it just says -- ; these are concept cars mainly - are we ever allowed to purchase these?

Yes somehow you are dont ask me how though also classic cars if you buy them they take a while to come in some i think. :)

Soldato
OP
~J~ said:
Whats the club called? what do we/you need to do for us to join?

Ive invited you, goto the Club House Icon near where the game starts and "join" club i think - thats what snipergecko did :)

/edit

I love when your viewing the map you can still see planes flying

Last edited:

~J~

~J~

Soldato
McDaniel said:
Ive invited you, goto the Club House Icon near where the game starts and "join" club i think - thats what snipergecko did :)

cheers buddy.

just got home, tdu (and dr) here now, coffee, changed and time for fun! :D

Soldato
OP
PyroboyUK said:
This game is driving me mad, i just wanna get a bike and all the garages from what i can see are unlocked and it still wont give me em!!

Ok ive now been to all the garages and looked inside and the Kawaski was still showing as "Locked" - but i had to drive to it (as i hadnt previously) then it was fine :)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Right, got a car (Audi), bought my house (well, penthouse suite with nice 19" widescreen monitor overlooking the bay), had my first race (came first, but it is easy!) and er, loving it!

The play area is MASSIVE, and haven't unlocked it all yet. Initial impressions, I likey like.

Got to take time out soon though for Dead Rising!!

Soldato
McDaniel said:

/edit

I love when your viewing the map you can still see planes flying

Arent you supposed to be sticking to the list in the club thread, or is this your own Girls Aloud appreciation club? :p

~J~

~J~

Soldato
* WARNING * WARNING * WARNING * WARNING * WARNING *

Don't do the speed trap challenges whilst close to the screen!! :eek:

Damn cool, but ouch-city on the old peepers!!

Permabanned
McDaniel said:
No, no car damage :)

No car damage? That's a big miss in my book because all I encountered on the demo were idiots driving on the wrong side of the road etc and people generally being a pain in the backside.

Car damage would have put a stop to that, especially if it meant having to pay for it as well.

Soldato
PuncH said:
No car damage? That's a big miss in my book because all I encountered on the demo were idiots driving on the wrong side of the road etc and people generally being a pain in the backside.

Car damage would have put a stop to that, especially if it meant having to pay for it as well.

Even if it meant you just brought a brand new ferrari and someone smashed into it, and your left with a buggered ferrari you just spent $100k on i think id be fuming.

Its would be to complex i would have thought to include an Insurance thing although it would be a good idea. Plus a lot of thing havnt made the game still dosnt make it a bad game.

Also another reason is licenceing laws until car company allow there cars to be roughed up we wont see it. And for another reason as some companies would allow damage and some wouldnt it would be pretty weird seeing some cars damaged and some not.

There not no damage completely though AI traffic has damage. :)

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The paper map details where all the dealers and tuning shops are. There are tuning shops for calssics, european, italian etc. Just find them on the map and set the GPS. It also tells you where the Auto Paint shops are, I am looking for one of them now.

Fully Tuned A3 with wacky paint here we come!

Soldato
OP
Im not sure how to unlock the Paint shops :(

The Car Delivery challenges are the best ive done 3 now, each time something has clipped me right near the end and ive lost about $300 :( Problem is if you do it perfect you can get massive bonuses :(

Look for the Car icons with a Down arrow poitning down on them

Soldato
OP
Dont think ive done to bad on my first day :)

Cars:

Audi TT : $42,000
Nissan 350Z Nismo S-Tune : $40,000
Ducati 999 R : $30,000
Ferrari F430 : $152,000 (Custom Wheels)
Aston Martin DB9 Volante : $162,200 (Custom Wheels)

Total : $426,200

Houses:

House 1, 4 Spaces : $150,000
House 2, 6 Spaces : $238,700

Total : $388,700

Club - OcUK Drifters : $350,000

Total : $350,000

Fines:

Random One : $40,000

Total : $ 40,000

Total Spent : $1,204,900
Current Cash : $3,444