test this form for me please

http://www.mayergroup.co.uk/online-quote/cleaning/?service=moving

if you have a spare moment can you take the time to go through this quote form and let me know if you have issues with the date thinking you've input 01/01/1970?

when going through the form can you use the name as TEST OCUK or something like that so i know it's not for a real customer and to not chase you up :p

ive tested as best i can and never have issues with the date, but every now and again i get a customer say that when they input a date it shows as 01/01/1970 once they try to go to the next step even though they select something in the future.

i'd appreciate if you can try this, and let me know which browser/os you're using.

i know the last person to tell me they had the issue, they said the date pop up didn't come up and they had to input the date by hand, but did use the format i show but still had the issue.

Soldato
OP
"Postcode: T3ST1CL" :D

this is the variety of code related to the date field.

PHP:
<input type='date' name='date' id='date'  value='<?= $date; ?>' min="<?php echo date("Y-m-d") ?>" />

PHP:
$date = stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($_POST['date'], ENT_QUOTES));

PHP:
<input type='hidden' name='date' id='date' value='<?= $date; ?>' />

PHP:
if (strlen($date)>0 && strtotime($date) < time()) {

$dateShown = strtotime($date);
$dateShown = date('d/m/Y', $dateShown);

$error++;
$errorMessage .= "<label for='date' title='Click to jump to the error'>- Date $dateShown selected is in past. Please correct to dd/mm/yyyy format</label>";
$dateRed = "class='e tooltip' title='Date selected is in past. Please correct to dd/mm/yyyy format' ";
}

annoyingly i'm yet to find a way to replicate the issue, but it certainly is one. I feel it's when the html input date thing can't work on certain browsers but i don't know which.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok so i've prevented the check that doesn't let past dates through, now i'm getting loads of past dates.

i've got the user agent info sent in the quote so i can see what the user is using and find how this error is being made.

this is what the user info gave for the latest happening.

User: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.3 Safari/600.3.18

it's muddling the date around. should be 01/09/16 but it comes through as 09/01/16. no idea why. anyone with the same stuff able to try for me?

Soldato
OP
no idea. how should i check? the dates work fine for all browsers i try it with and those who tried on here. should i be defining that the date is a uk date when splitting it or something? i suspect it's an issue from apple computers.

Back
Top Bottom