TFT advice, please help me choose :)

Associate
Hiya,

I'm going to finally make the jump to a TFT, replacing a Iiyama VMpro451 (19" CRT). But I can't decide what to get! I've got it down to three choices...

Viewsonic VX922 19"
Viewsonic VP930 19"
Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen

It would mainly be used for games (inc online fps, being used to a CRT I'm worried about ghosting etc) and web browsing, a few officey apps and occasional photo editing.

I know the VX922 is great for games but not as good for general use, while the VP930 & VX2025 are good all round, but not as fast as the 922... I just can't decide which to go for. :confused:

If I've missed any other good panels that would be better by all means suggest away :). The VX2025 is right at the top end of my budget though (~£320)

Oh, another worry (lol).. My system is getting a bit old now (2.6 northwood, 9700pro) and I'm probably not going to be able to upgrade it for a while. I really like the VX2025 (I play EVE Online which would be great with widescreen) but I'm thinking the graphics card isn't going handle FPS games at the native resolution very well, how bad does the VX2025 look at non-native res? Also what happens with older games that don't support the widescreen res (as I play a few that don't), will it scale them and have borders or does it stretch and make them distorted?

Please help me choose or I'll be using a CRT forever!! :o :D
Thanks!

Man of Honour
if you play games on the VX2025WM it will stretch them to fill the WS area regardless as there's no 1:1 pixel mapping or 4:3 aspect memory. Interpolation of games outside native res is pretty good though so you can play at lower than the 1680 x 1050 if you want to.

It's a hard choice, but i think you might benefit more from the "all round" performance of the VP930 or VX2025WM, and they still remain very responsive for gaming. The VX922 is a bit faster, but most users would still find the VP930 / VX2025WM fine for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom