Thaiphoon burner not reading RAM

Associate
Hi, can any one help me? I had cheap RAM Fanxiang, thaiphoon burner been working fine with this RAM on Windows 10. Few days later i upgraded to Windows 11 and bought new RAM Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz. Thaiphoon burner don't read this memory it is stuck every time on reading. I thought it's Windows 11 blocking it so downgraded to windows 10 again but Thaiphoon burner still not working. Any advice please?

But it don't show memory type if it's B-die or something? I need more info for DRAM calculator for Ryzen.
Last time I checked, DRAM calculator was hugely out of date and hadn’t been updated in ages.

I suspect the same is true of Thaiphoon Burner which is why it detect the type of RAM modules used.

CPU-z is updated often and it will indicate the RAM modules used but not the exact type (b die, etc) - you can also just google the model code of your RAM for Reddit posts where people have confirmed the type of memory chips used.

There is a DDR4 overclocking guide which I will post here which is far better than using the DRAM calculator.

Here, use this guide. It’s superior in every way

Last edited:
Downloaded latest version and still nothing.
Was thinking maybe its not working on W11 24H2 (i'm still on 23H2), but you say you have tried it on W10.

Not sure what else to suggest as it just works for me.

Wonder if you can run it in compatibility mode?

Last time I checked, DRAM calculator was hugely out of date and hadn’t been updated in ages.

I suspect the same is true of Thaiphoon Burner which is why it detect the type of RAM modules used.

CPU-z is updated often and it will indicate the RAM modules used but not the exact type (b die, etc) - you can also just google the model code of your RAM for Reddit posts where people have confirmed the type of memory chips used.

There is a DDR4 overclocking guide which I will post here which is far better than using the DRAM calculator.

Thank you.

I Just looked, Thaiphoon Burner was discontinued ages ago anyway and the last version of Ryzen DRAM calc was dated May 2020 if my eyes don’t deceive me so I really wouldn’t bother.

That OC guide is comprehensive and I found results in tighter timings than the DRAM calculator indicated.

Last edited:
Last time I used Thaiphoon burner on Windows 11, I needed to disable Windows driver signing. I think this is just needed, since it's ancient.
Maybe the components it installs were messed up when you upgraded to 11?

Edit: 17.4.1.2 works without doing that on this fresh 11 install.
I'd uninstall it, and try again. Make sure it's running as admin.

Last edited:
Last time I used Thaiphoon burner on Windows 11, I needed to disable Windows driver signing. I think this is just needed, since it's ancient.
Maybe the components it installs were messed up when you upgraded to 11?

Edit: 17.4.1.2 works without doing that on this fresh 11 install.
I'd uninstall it, and try again. Make sure it's running as admin.
I have Windows 10 now. So what's your suggestion? Instal Windows 11? It don't works on Windows 10 anymore for me. That's weird it been working fine with cheap RAM. I noticed that pendrive works in every USB in case or motherboard but when i try connect external ssd my pc straight away is stuck. I can not move mouse or use keyboard until i disconnect external drive. Maybe this problems are connected some how? That's really irritating.

Last edited:
Latest bios and chipset drivers is all i can think of now.

If that still does not work, all i can do is refer you back to JollyJamma's post earlier.

Back
Top Bottom