*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi All,

Haven't posted in a while, good to see the latest 'Gym Rats' thread still going strong!

I've hit 200.2lb as of yesterday (just touching 91kg/14st4/5lb) and am now on a hard cut using ECA stack (apologies greatly if I can't talk about this here, but it's not a roid so assuming it's ok?) and down to 2'500 calories strict daily, can someone take a look at my diet? Am super paranoid about losing lean mass (this is my first real intended cut) so have kept protein uber high, a decent amount of fats, and moderately low carbs. (cuts suck, even on ECA I am missing the habit of constantly stuffing my face with food :( )

Supplements are 3xomega3's, 1xflaxseed tab, Animal Pak, and vitamin C

cutfoodintake.jpg

Cheers all, will continue to participate in this thread again! :)

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19314854 said:
ARRGGHHH all this cutting/bulking malarki is too complicated!!

Bulking? Eat more. Cutting? Eat less.

Simples (but difficult to do I'll admit :p)

The complicated part is understanding what is "good" and what is "bad". It's not as easy as just not eating McDonalds. :)

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;19314436 said:
Back session went well for me today. Managed 70kg 5x5 deads quite easily actually from the advice on here. Going to up it to 80kg and so on... Right hamstring is very sore now though.

Analyse your form. If one side is more sore than the other, chances are it's not equal. :)

Soldato
Bulking? Eat more. Cutting? Eat less.

Simples (but difficult to do I'll admit :p)

The complicated part is understanding what is "good" and what is "bad". It's not as easy as just not eating McDonalds. :)

I tend to not watch calories and eat the same old stuff in a routine every day.

I like to just eat clean and often. Like this morning I had a mushroom/onion/ham omelette, and will have chicken/rice/broccoli for lunch in a bit. This will no doubt change tomorrow.

I don't like routine, so I'm hoping this will be ok.

Soldato
RE: Food stuffs - I think the "easiest" way to go is to stick with whole foods, like you are doing there :)

RE: Form - Have you watched Mark Rippetoe's excellent videos on deadlift, squat and bench form? :)

Yeah have watched the dead one a few times. It helps a lot, but it's completely different when you actually get down and do it. (especially when I train on my own)

I'm pretty sure my form is reasonably good, and it's only today my right hammy is hurting. Might have jolted it or something.

Soldato
Hey guys, just looking for some thoughts on mayo :)

I am on a cutting diet, looking to keep protein pretty high and have been trying to keep fat intake reasonably good. I have always been of the opinion that if you can make the allowance calories wise, using real mayo is far better than using lighter than light and the like, as it contains good healthy fats required in our diets.
Am I correct in this approuch? I don't need to drop the mayo I use to make any calorie limits or the like, so was intending on using it in my tuna (about 30g worth) in the morning to add taste and fats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom