*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I'm doing the complete opposite at the moment I'm even figuring out a way to squeeze my gym session in the hour I have on Friday morning before starting a 36hour weekend at work, my house mate thinks I'm strange :D

Man of Honour
Psycho Sonny, post up a squat vid so I can take a look at your form.

Small tip, no matter what your stance, don't turn your feet out more than 10 degrees.

Man of Honour
I've been trying to correct my squatting form and it's all good so far but I keep lifting my heels off the ground. A friend of mine who's a gym regular said it's probably due to weak/stiff hip flexors, is this true? If so what can I do to strengthen them or improve flexibility?

Man of Honour
I've been trying to correct my squatting form and it's all good so far but I keep lifting my heels off the ground. A friend of mine who's a gym regular said it's probably due to weak/stiff hip flexors, is this true? If so what can I do to strengthen them or improve flexibility?

If you end up pushing through your toes it's down to inflexibility normally but I'll let one of the more knowledgeable guys tell you where and how to fix it. For the time being try raising your heels by standing on some plates and see if that fixes it.

Caporegime
Psycho Sonny, post up a squat vid so I can take a look at your form.

Small tip, no matter what your stance, don't turn your feet out more than 10 degrees.

my bro is actually going away to turkey tomorrow, i'll ask my fiancee next time she is round and my legs have recovered, they are aching right now.

is there a thing like imageshack for uploading vids? or do i need to set up a youtube account?

Associate
So ive noticed recently that my right bicep is noticeably larger than the left. It just seems to look thicken and more developed and certainly peaks higher. I dont really train biceps, was just wondering the best way of evening this out a little?

Cheers

Soldato
So ive noticed recently that my right bicep is noticeably larger than the left. It just seems to look thicken and more developed and certainly peaks higher. I dont really train biceps, was just wondering the best way of evening this out a little?

Cheers

Measure them both and compare properly. Depending on the light my calves might look to be different sizes until I go and measure them

If your right arm is bigger, stop fapping so much.

Associate
I had a week off for a vacation – I thought this would allow my body to recover and that upon return I would be lifting even more.

Turns out I have lost about 20% strength all over, judging from this past week back :(

Not only that, but I am scheduled to go away again nextweek and I am dreading seeing my lifts diminish after yet another weekoff. Grrrrr

Man of Honour
I had a week off for a vacation – I thought this would allow my body to recover and that upon return I would be lifting even more.

Turns out I have lost about 20% strength all over, judging from this past week back :(

Not only that, but I am scheduled to go away again nextweek and I am dreading seeing my lifts diminish after yet another weekoff. Grrrrr

They will bounce back up no problem, stop worrying :p

Soldato

Don't worry it happens, just eat loads and well and it shouldn't matter. Like Tom e Said it'll pop back fast.

Soldato
I know this is not to be discussed, so I won't. But I will say this, my mate from work has been on the tiger juice the past five months and his size and strengths gains ... I've never seen anything like it. I'm like a newborn baby next to him and this is a guy that 'I' introduced to the gym.

Leaves you slightly bitter and wondering if you're doing the right thing.

Caporegime
OP
I know this is not to be discussed, so I won't. But I will say this, my mate from work has been on the tiger juice the past five months and his size and strengths gains ... I've never seen anything like it. I'm like a newborn baby next to him and this is a guy that 'I' introduced to the gym.

Yet you shoulder press 42kg DBs for fun?
I wouldn't worry about your friend tbh :p

Soldato

Put him in his place with a Stand and Bang next time! Tach him who's the alpha dog.

Associate
Measure them both and compare properly. Depending on the light my calves might look to be different sizes until I go and measure them

If your right arm is bigger, stop fapping so much.

Measured them both last night, about a 1/4 inch difference between the two.

ill try to stop the fapping, or go southpaw instead

Soldato
CURSE you Surgarrays!

I ordered on Monday, I got an email today saying just posted my order!

I should have gone with someone else. I'd have had my order by now.

Grr! I wanted the shoes for squatting today!

Soldato
My left bicep is about a half inch bigger than my right. Right handed aswell :confused:

Really feeling like crap lately its only been 4 weeks since i stopped training super regularly but it feels like months :( Scales only say i've lost less than a kilo but the mirror says i look like ****. Maybe its psycological... Anyway after the weekend i can finally get back to it at least twice a week until i go away at the end of july for a fortnight. Goodbye sweet gains :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom