*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
get a better girlfriend!? jesus find a fatty! They love the meat! Seriously how can you cope with that vegetarians are pretty annoying anyway, but for a bodybuilder? Thats like bodybuilder cancer, they will hate you when your covered in meat slabs, you will look like a walking steak dinner. What will you do then?

LOL! Funniest post I've read in a while! :D

J.T

J.T

Soldato
First day back in the Gym yesterday after a two week break due to Holiday.

Went better than I expected, think warming up properly really helped.

Strength is still there but endurance is way down, sure it wont take to long to get back on track though! :)

Soldato
any tips to dumping dumbells after flat benchpress please ?

its my max-weight - low reps ones I struggle with ... up to about 26kg dumbells I can just about sit-back up ok - but 30s I can't

I've tried rolling them up on tops of knees but not working

I have to rotate arms as near to floor as possible before "dropping" vertical (ie onto ends of weights - its the smallest amount of drop) - but sometimes you can feel it pulling the tops of the shoulders/rotators

any help appreciated :)

gym instructor says just drop em - its only those that do it deliberately for attention that gets on their wicks - but wondered if any tricks I was missing please?

:D:p

Caporegime
get a better girlfriend!? jesus find a fatty! They love the meat! Seriously how can you cope with that vegetarians are pretty annoying anyway, but for a bodybuilder? Thats like bodybuilder cancer, they will hate you when your covered in meat slabs, you will look like a walking steak dinner. What will you do then?

lol...Not all Veggies are like that ;)

Have there not been some decent Veggie bodybuilders come to think of it

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I haven't dropped a dumbbell to the floor in years, even with the 50s. The last rep I slowly lower the DBs down to my chest and bring my arms in tight to my body, then sit up and drop them onto my thighs.

Caporegime
I haven't dropped a dumbbell to the floor in years, even with the 50s. The last rep I slowly lower the DBs down to my chest and bring my arms in tight to my body, then sit up and drop them onto my thighs.

Aye that's what I used to do when at home in the garage.

Hm, Leg day today...Just watched 'so you think you can squat' to give some things a go on form, see how it goes :)

My squat really sucks though in comparison to my deads, or is that normal?

Caporegime

This. :)

Since watching the vid of Mark Ripptoe where he states the exercise starts with the picking up of the weight, and doesn't finish until placing it back on the rack, I've really taken it to heart and don't drop the weight anymore.

Even deadlifts I lower the bar under control and don't just let it drop.

Caporegime
what i normally do after a flat dumbell press is bring them back down to my chest, then 1 at a time, i twist my arm and hand to make the dumbell face the floor, im usually tired and lose my grip in this process and let 1 drop, but at least i have gotten it as close to the floor as possible before doing so. then the same with the other, apart from i now use my spare hand to help me, so it doesnt fall as much.

you will have to drop them, just get them as close to the floor as you can before doing so, but make sure your not doing it in a stupid fashion, as your going to end up wrecking your shoulder otherwise.

Caporegime
Indeed, change your routine, it is practically down to your muscles not getting a shock, lower the weight and pound the reps for instance for a few weeks.

But no doubt calories in not being enough also

EDIT:

Also, 75KG squat today, happy with that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom