*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
dont have any of them in my gym, its all bicep bro's. doing the full 101 ways to work your shoulders and bicep.

is funny when they do jump on the bench press out 60kg's while puffing and blowing like a steam train then jump up and start to pull a sneaky flex thinking no ones seen em.

Man of Honour
dont have any of them in my gym, its all bicep bro's. doing the full 101 ways to work your shoulders and bicep.

is funny when they do jump on the bench press out 60kg's while puffing and blowing like a steam train then jump up and start to pull a sneaky flex thinking no ones seen em.

We had some skinny fat dude and his rake like mate walk into the free weight area the other week, pop their shirts off and start staring at themselves in the mirror while shoulder pressing and bicep curling weights my little sister could manage, luckily I was sitting on one of the bikes or else I might of caused myself an injury from laughing so hard.

Soldato
Hope you get it sorted quickly mate :)

Thanks mate. I want it sorted months ago haha

My original doc was and is just useless and didn't really want to help.

That's the average type though, all "bros".

I've been lucky you have known some really decent folk in the gyms I've been at.

At college it was some boxers, one light weight bodybuilder, one an All Ireland weightlifter, physio lads and some business students who all worked hard and knew their stuff.

At the hotel gym at home the guy working there was Mr.Ireland bodybuilder.

I just don't bother with most people in gyms really.

Go in do your stuff and just focus. I often got and still get people looking at me like I'm a freak for carrying in and using a foam roller.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
i get the funny looks as well, one day when i was at a fitness first the guy who i was training with (who was sweating about as much as me) turned to some guy who was gawping at us and asked if he'd "never seen sweat before"

always surprises me how many people dont take a small towel to mop up after themselves :S

Soldato

We had some skinny fat dude and his rake like mate walk into the free weight area the other week, pop their shirts off and start staring at themselves in the mirror while shoulder pressing and bicep curling weights my little sister could manage, luckily I was sitting on one of the bikes or else I might of caused myself an injury from laughing so hard.

Lol, however you guys sound as bad as them just looking down your noses at other people in the gym :) I get in there and get on with it. I think it helps taht most other people in my gym are there to do just the same as me... military gym like, innit (least we don't get the weight droppers but rather people who respect the facilities).

Man of Honour
Lol, however you guys sound as bad as them just looking down your noses at other people in the gym :) I get in there and get on with it. I think it helps taht most other people in my gym are there to do just the same as me... military gym like, innit (least we don't get the weight droppers but rather people who respect the facilities).

Don't get me wrong most of the time I couldn't tell you what was going on around me when I'm there and I respect anyone who bothers putting the effort in but it's not the sort of gym where anyone apart from these 2 has ever decided to get shirtless and I was bored on the bike :p

Soldato
On tuesday when i went there were like 5 people doing chest/biceps, one doing triceps and one doing pullups. Not a single leg was trained that day. (except mine, which are still hurting!) Fixing up all my weights etc for HST and trying to get back into the eating pattern. Going from under 2500 calories to around 3100 is quite a change :/

GAC

GAC

Soldato
captain planet il look down at anyone who's idea of working out is talking rubish and doing 10 bicep based exercises and acting like there from the jersey shore tv show, fake tan included :p

Soldato
hardly anyone seems to squat at my gym, a couple that dont go to paralell. funnily enough, all the ones who do it properly apart from me are MASSIVE

Associate
Annoys the hell outta me when you get groups of 3,4 or 5 lads on the bench/squat rack. I go in there wanting to blast out 4-5 sets of squats/bench and end up finishing my workout 45-60mins later and they're STILL on there!

wtf, I could have been on and done in 10 mins!

Man of Honour
Isn't white meat, chicken etc supposed to be preferred over red meat? Various health books I've read in the past say not to overdo red meat.

Most of them recommend it due to them liking to push the low fat mantra and white meat is normally a fair bit leaner than red meat
Correct. All meat is fine, as long as nothing funny has been added or removed.

Caporegime
Palms up, arms infront. No real reason for it other than the fact I got used to it. Also can do it whilst cleaning the bar up from the floor, where as you need a rack to cross your arms.

Cheers buddy :)

Love the pain when you hit parallel or below, urges you to push that weight back up and do more.

Haha, Love it??? Bloody hurts sometimes!!!! :p

Soldato
Dear all,

So I have been consistently eating my 3000kcal/day diet, and I have managed to put on weight - I have gone over the 12 stone breach where I used to be just over 11, so that's good and I haven't gained an awful lot of fat as far as I am aware.

Unfortunately, I have started an evening course on Tues & Wednesday which means that I can only really do Gym on Saturday, Sunday and Thursday (maybe) at worst, just the Saturday and Sunday, especially when squeezing in time for seeing my girlfriend as well.

Would I be better off maintaining my diet of 3000k/cal a day (because I get very hungry if I don't!) and adding CV work or should I squeeze in a 3 day split into two days? I'm only on the course for the next 6 weeks so it's not a permanent problem.

Kind regards,

David

Soldato
Brutal brutal brutal leg work out last night, really struggled walking around during it, yet alone after! Definitely aching today. Missed my leg sesh last week so this felt a lot tougher!

Back squats:
3x8 @ 90kg
Front squats:
2x8 @ 60kg
Leg Press (flat sledge, find this harder than the t'other ones):
3x10 @ 120kg
BB Lunges:
2x8 @ 35kg

Hammy Curls:
3x8 @ 62.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.