*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
When are the pictures due sir? ;)

when i can shift these last pounds, im flat stomached but still no abs the fat has drained off me if i took picks above navel would look <14% but below 'looks' 20% measured up the other day calipered and sat at 17% down from 28% when i resurfaced on here. The cut is for holiday to america so come hell or high water you will get pics before haloween even if i have to take some knocks (which i may inevitably get anyway) on the chin.

Vids however i may do would like to analyze my deadlift have not checked it for donkeys. starting a strength phase now anyway so many big weights be going up!

Caporegime
when i can shift these last pounds, im flat stomached but still no abs the fat has drained off me if i took picks above navel would look <14% but below 'looks' 20% measured up the other day calipered and sat at 17% down from 28% when i resurfaced on here. The cut is for holiday to america so come hell or high water you will get pics before haloween even if i have to take some knocks (which i may inevitably get anyway) on the chin.

Vids however i may do would like to analyze my deadlift have not checked it for donkeys. starting a strength phase now anyway so many big weights be going up!

Good good, will be cool to see your progress anyway with regards to the cut.

And form vids are always good for other people :)

Man of Honour
I presume you warmup on some kind of weight for squats etc?

I always find I'm fatiguing eventually, especially if i'm not 1RM'ing :p
You should warm up on most things, but taper off the reps as you get closer to you working weight/1rm.

For example, if going for a 1rm of 200kg:
60kgx10
100x8
140x3
160x1
170x1
185x1
200kg
dang 220 kg deadlift went up but the 230kg stopped me cold at ground level. amazed im only 30kg down on deadlift at 20lbs lighter and off the special sauce. Muchos bueno.
Congrats mate!

edit: speaking of pictures and videos, where is Psycho Sonny??

Caporegime
You should warm up on most things, but taper off the reps as you get closer to you working weight/1rm.

For example, if going for a 1rm of 200kg:
60kgx10
100x8
140x3
160x1
170x1
185x1
200kg

Congrats mate!

edit: speaking of pictures and videos, where is Psycho Sonny??

Yeah that's what I do for 1RM's anyway, when I do high reps but a lower weight I try not to over fatigue myself...I'll try things, just scared of damaging something and being out again so i'm being careful :o

And indeed! I was due videos a while ago now :p

Permabanned
I think its pretty clear that psycho sonny and i cannot exist in the same threads, it shouldn't really surprise anyone that he has disappeared that is why i was so contemptuous towards him, no time for time wasters who behave like they know it all and i will tell them that straight.

Permabanned
re rep progression for 1rm's i tend to do less volume than ice suggested, i warm up at 40% mixing reps and partials, ill then hit about 70% for a triple 80-85% for a double and then hit 100 and 105% if successful, but i have over the years learned myself quite well, i would never train someone or advise someone to "get a warm feeling doing whatever you fancy, then load up and go!" but essentially thats what i do.

Soldato
That should be fine, if I use a pre workout I normally take it just before I leave the house then have a 20min walk to the gym.

Should be fine.

Read up on when your last meal before it should be as most require an hour or so gap between your last meal and consumption.

Couldn't see anyone in the gym today so I will try tomorrow.

Failing that I will just get some scoops off them and bring them home, ready for the next session.

Also, I'm still not happy with deadlifts, tried them again today, this time with less weight and also some rests to put the bar on.

I seem to tense/raise the lower back (well, about 3/4 of the way down) when I start the lift. I was trying my best to keep a neutral back and my feet in the correct place, along with my arse pretty low.

Last edited:
Permabanned
i dont see why short guys given so much cred for big deadlifts, i mean sheesh they light AND they got short levers.

But either way thats impressive strength hopefully ill have that weight out by next year, although id need to step on a landmine to have that BW ripped and bone dry id still be nigh on 200lbs!

Caporegime
I think its pretty clear that psycho sonny and i cannot exist in the same threads, it shouldn't really surprise anyone that he has disappeared that is why i was so contemptuous towards him, no time for time wasters who behave like they know it all and i will tell them that straight.

Meh, he has the kit, so no point lying about the weight really

Bench Press Champion Otto Selin snaps his arm attempting 700lb Press

must have hurt. Crazy weight, no wonder joints give way.

OW!!!

Jesus....You didn't hear him scream then? You would have thought his elbow would have given way really?

Permabanned
Meh, he has the kit, so no point lying about the weight really

OW!!!

Jesus....You didn't hear him scream then? You would have thought his elbow would have given way really?

yeah that scream was the sort of thing that would give you nightmares. Precisely why ill never lift proper big weights, i want a 200+kg bench by my 30th birthday, ill never go heavier, no need

Associate
Anyone have any good tips for shoulder flexibility?

I think my shoulders seriously lack flexibility and it is preventing me from positioning the barbell on my back properly when squatting. Currently the bar rests high on my back at the top of my shoulders blades/ traps.

I feel that this position is causing my right shoulder blade to be pushed down by the bar and causing me discomfort between the right side of my spine and my right shoulder blade. I feel this discomfort shortly after squatting and for a day or two after.

Ideally i think I should have it lower on my back but i just cannot rotate my shoulders back further to allow me to do this, hence why i'm asking here for tips!

Any tips or videos will be appreciated.

Soldato
£30 food bill :( Not gonna be doing anything other than uni work/gym/sleep this year by the looks of it.

Yeah i was thinking asdas 3 for £10 deal would give me 6 evening meals worth of meat then a pack of mince or something to make up another 2. Potatoes/pasta/rice is cheap. Might have to ditch having tuna for lunch and go for some cheaper meat. IDK i'll figure something out im sure.

Just wanna be in the gym and forget about all the **** thats gone on recently :p

Soldato
£30 food bill :( Not gonna be doing anything other than uni work/gym/sleep this year by the looks of it.

Yeah i was thinking asdas 3 for £10 deal would give me 6 evening meals worth of meat then a pack of mince or something to make up another 2. Potatoes/pasta/rice is cheap. Might have to ditch having tuna for lunch and go for some cheaper meat. IDK i'll figure something out im sure.

Can get 1kg frozen chicken for 4 quid out asda. IIRC that's better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom