*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'd just take it off personally, takes 5 seconds to put it back on :p...People in the school gym use the pad here, I take it off soon as I walk in on leg day :o

I dont usually use the pad, just thought id give it a go as it was on there. Took it off as soon as the other guy was done with his sets

Caporegime
I live in one of the poorest regions of Nepal, so local people can't afford to eat meat. I'm buying what there is at the local fruit/veg market but there's barely any choice.

It's also the middle of Dashain festival so not much meat around anyway. Nepal is also a landlocked country, which means not much fish (certainly not fish I'd want to eat out of the filthy rivers. We also don't have power much of the day so no way to store meat which makes it tough.

i would still ask a local who is not poor, they should know where to get everything. just because the majority are poor does not mean there aren't a few rich people there. nepal is poorer than india though and a lot smaller, but it should be similar in what it has on offer.

maybe try going to another market?

i also remember warm nuts being served at the side of roads too in india, you could look into that, high protein and fat content.

what are you even doing over there? surely if its for business the company should have put you up somewhere half decent?

it sounds like your out in the country far away from a major town/city.

Soldato
£14 for a 5kg bag. Quite a difference.

@Delvis, yeah MP. Ordered before 2 so it should arrive tomorrow. Unflavoured isnt too bad. With milk it tastes just like.. milk. With water its a bit odd but its only a mouthful or 2 just neck it :p

What.......where are you getting that amount for that price? I assumed you'd meant MP but isn't it like 25 for unflavoured??

Soldato
Any tips on what can be used to add calories to a homemade shake?

No dairy or whey. All mass gainers have whey in them. :\

Protein will come from hemp powder so it's going to take some practise to see which combos work if I could hit 500 cal in a shake I'd be pretty happy.

So far I have peanut butter, oat milk, flax seed oil (?), fruit?

Bit wary of adding too much fruit as I have my morning shake with fruit juice.

Caporegime
Any tips on what can be used to add calories to a homemade shake?

No dairy or whey. All mass gainers have whey in them. :\

Protein will come from hemp powder so it's going to take some practise to see which combos work if I could hit 500 cal in a shake I'd be pretty happy.

So far I have peanut butter, oat milk, flax seed oil (?), fruit?

Bit wary of adding too much fruit as I have my morning shake with fruit juice.

powdered oats are cheap and do the job better than anything else

Caporegime
Soldato
Whats wrong with that? :p It works out cheaper getting a 4KG bag over two 2.5kg bags...?

Also, where can you get ground oats from?

I also need something to put in my poridge in the morning, way too boring atm :(

It's just that 5kg of flavoured is sooooo much more expensive ( I should have added that fact shouldn't I)

I buy these oats
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/instant_oats

You can probably get even cheaper if you hunt around. You simply add water/milk.

Soldato
Torture workout. Had my gym buddy back which both makes it all tougher. Feels like you have more rest between sets but you actually dont which is killer plus him being able to spot me for the extra couple of reps i wouldnt otherwise get = ouchhhh!! Only managed 15-12 @ 50kg bench, 15-10 @ 15kg db press :o but hit the 15-15 60kg squat yeaaah buddy!

Gym is testing out some new gadget this week, an ultrasonic hand held scanner. So im getting my bodyfat tested on friday :) No clue how accurate it will be but shall be interesting.

Soldato
Any opinions on this regime, too much?

Sun: Legs (45mins)
Mon: Chest & Trics (over 1hr) + Core
Tue: Biceps (30 mins)
Wed: HIIT
Thur: Shoulders & Back (over an hour) + Core
Fri : Rest (usually out for a few beers)
Sat: Rest

I can't do back and biceps together, I don't have any energy left to do bicep stuff after back!

Soldato
So after a shoulder injury, the birth of my son, a job change and a loss of 3 stone - 19 months later & I'm back in the gym.

Before I left? I was up to 6 x 50KG on the flat DB press, almost maxing out the leg press at the gym and 13.5 stone @ 5"7.

Now it's back to basics, starting very slowly for the next few weeks and finding my way around a gym again. My diet is good, and it's a great feeling to be back in the gym.

I've missed this ache...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom