*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i just ordered myself an eva foam roller, cant wait for delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PhysioRoo...essories_ET&hash=item2eb85fb4b7#ht_3930wt_913

really cheap as the other physio place is selling them for £33.50. thought i might as well get this before they jack the price up some more, it was £17.99 a month ago.

These are brilliant, I use one to stretch my ITB band. The first time I ever did that was when instructed by my physio. I wasn't expecting such a workout when I went to see him as I had done squats and leg press the day before (big mistake). My god the pain of doing this with DOMS and a super tight ITB :eek: I felt like such a little girl whincing with the pain lol

Soldato
Fuuuuuuuuu why do people have to be so ******* annoying in the gym. One guy spent TWENTY FIVE minutes on a bench.... doing seated dumbell curls. I mean come on.

Then at the end of my workout with only triceps left to do i had to wait 10 minutes because a group of 4 people were taking up the cable machines doing this classic:

VdDJe.jpg

LYING DOWN BICEP CURLS YEAAAAAH BUDDY!!!

And to top it all off i've twinged my elbow on something so now its hurting like ****. brb gonna go sit and cry in the shower

Times like this im glad I ended up buying some free weights for home! I used to see the exact same thing in the gym I used to go to, it was like a new trend and everyone was doing them.. Where is Benny these days? I was following his IF log and decided to give the whole HST + IF a run through as I need to lose some weight! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Have any of you added peanut butter to a homemade shake? It doesn't even mix!

I'm currently drinking a shake made of peanut butter, hemp protein and tropical fruit juice.

Random is the word! Doesn't taste too bad though.

Soldato
Front squats went well today:
~20x5
35x5 (waiting a long time to get use of squat rack)
60x5
80x3
87.5x5
90x5
100x3
75x10
75x8

With previous week @ 85x3x5 that was pretty good going. Should easily have 100x5 by christmas. Plus hit bodyweight now, weighing ~87kg (and dropping.... Slowly).

Associate
Hi guys, currently starting a gym routine following the sticky at the top of this forum. All is well, only the gym we are using doesn't have a squat rack, so we are unsure what to do about barbell squats.

There are two free-standing posts that could hold the olympic bar at about squat height, however I'm not sure how stable these are. What would you recommend for it? We will be squatting relatively low weights and always go in a pair so there's always a spotter. Would doing dumbbell squats be a safer alternative? Or should we try with the individual posts and check how stable they are first?

Associate
Individual posts like in this? If so i think you should be fine :p

They are shorter (don't think they're extendable but tbh I didn't have a close enough look!) and the 'arms' at each side are much smaller. You'd need to squat down into them accurately, which may not be fun at the end of a set... might be alright with a spotter taking as much weight as possible though.

EDIT: And that guy's not lifting much weight so I don't think that's an accurate representation. :eek:

Permabanned
wow looking above.... im such a weakling
Anyway geuss what i said id post vids and look i did wierd huh.

http://youtu.be/N01oXH7mn3o

(how do you embed a vid?)

yes my gym room is ghetto, yes my form might waver the third was unexpected second came up too easy. Felt solid. Its 205 x 3 @ bodyweight 107, max last checked 220, max ever 250. Im just waiting on the abuse, lets keep it creative chaps.

This was part of my current strength program went like this

Deadlift: Warm up 100 x 15 slow and partials, 3x175 raw 3x185 strapped 2x195 3x205 (was intended to be 2 lol)

Fast chins (chins done at max speed) 3x5 +5kg on belt

Cable SA rows - 4x5 22.5kg 27.5kg 30kg 32.5kg

shrugs - 3 x 10 - 80 90 100 (all kg)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh...And I just got a bag of unflavoured whey...Jesus I'm not used to this crap man, I want my strawberry!!!!!

Mind you that was just with water, will have to add milk next time...Otherwise i'm getting nesquik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom