*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Work on negative chin-ups then, then your chin-ups will improve.
Yeah, I've been doing negative pull-ups, I'll try negative chin-ups too, good idea.

I think at 110kg (unlean) your best bet is to go with heavy curls, but I tend to find biceps are very much a muscle that really come out the leaner you get. If you're carrying a fair bit of fat at 110kg, then perhaps your answer is to cut.

My bicep peak is canny at 78kg and that's without being particularly muscly.

I haven't had it done in a while but last time I had my BF measured at the gym it was just below 15%

Soldato
but I tend to find biceps are very much a muscle that really come out the leaner you get. If you're carrying a fair bit of fat at 110kg, then perhaps your answer is to cut.

This to some degree. Having short/long bicep insertions makes one hell of a difference though.

I have one arm with short, one arm with long, sucks donkey balls!

Permabanned
Can you clarify what short/long bicep insertions are? Never really heard of them...

110kg and 15%? congrats on being pretty damn big then, bigger than me. I suspect your BF is higher than you think or you're taller than all hell.

People distinctly seem to have 2 kinds of bicep, shorter guys and especially ectomorphic guys have tennis ball like biceps that bunch up and peak easily, bigger guys and endomorphic guys often have longer muscle structures giving less peak on the muscle but overall more mass.

Dont sweat biceps, you dont need to train them directly at all, a proper back day involving chins rows and pull downs will do everything. Throw in some preacher pad 21's if you wanna 'feel' like you've done your biceps.

Soldato
I'm 6'2" so not mega tall, I definitely weigh that much, body fat was my last measurement which was some time ago, the guy who measured me was very surprised. Personally I just think my body is all out of proportion! Haha. I'll try and get another body fat measurement done soon.

Thanks for the explanation.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
110kg and 15%? congrats on being pretty damn big then, bigger than me. I suspect your BF is higher than you think or you're taller than all hell.

People distinctly seem to have 2 kinds of bicep, shorter guys and especially ectomorphic guys have tennis ball like biceps that bunch up and peak easily, bigger guys and endomorphic guys often have longer muscle structures giving less peak on the muscle but overall more mass.

Dont sweat biceps, you dont need to train them directly at all, a proper back day involving chins rows and pull downs will do everything. Throw in some preacher pad 21's if you wanna 'feel' like you've done your biceps.

Tennis balls here :(

IMG_3388.jpg

The bicep work I do (a part from back) are chin ups, barbell curls and seated dumbbell curls.

Caporegime
i recently signed up to graze

http://www.graze.com/

it's basically healthy snacks or light lunch delivered to your door or work for a few quid.

if you want to try it out. you can get your first box for free and the second for half price by using the below code:

RCQHLP8C

you get 4 different items, you can choose to only get healthy boxes or a balanced mix box, which had stuff like dried apple and toffee sauce (toffee apple) or fresh baked bread with olives or cherry tomatoes, etc.

do it once a week as a treat and it's going to cost you just over a tenner a month. but with the code above you can try it out for free to see if you like it.

you still need to put in your card details but as soon as the first box arrives, delete them, and they wont send you any further boxes.

my first one should have arrived this morning.

BRB going to check and take some pics if it has.

Caporegime
click for bigger pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

om nom nom

great nutritional information, all recycled packaging and paper, very well packaged.

you can choose some items they send you, and rate everything on their site, so stuff you hate, they never send you, stuff you want to try they will send as well as stuff you like and they will send the stuff you love more often than others.

very well setup business.

omg never realised this, underneath the food they sent me a toothpick and a tissue, very thoughtful of them, very impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom