Seated Close Grip Pull Downs 3x10
One Arm Dumbbell Rows 3x10
Good Mornings 3x10

Triceps:
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extensions 3x10
Skull crushers. 3x10

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes, but (again :p), you need more leg volume. If you only want to squat you need to do more sets on that day or do 5x5 twice a week. You haven't said why you don't want to do stiff leg deads/romanian deads or reverse DB lunges, so I don't know what to suggest as alternatives.

Soldato
Yes, but (again :p), you need more leg volume. If you only want to squat you need to do more sets on that day or do 5x5 twice a week. You haven't said why you don't want to do stiff leg deads/romanian deads or reverse DB lunges, so I don't know what to suggest as alternatives.
I do a lot of rambling up the South Downs where a lot of the ground is uneven and inclined my legs will be fine just doing squats. :p

Caporegime
Awesome bench session tonight although it nearly turned to ****. Worked my way up to 120K in an empty gym, gave it 10 minutes then decided to go home because I needed a spotter. A mate turned up as I was walking out the door :eek:

Bench
60k x 10
80k x 10
100k x 10
120k x 5
140k x 5
150k x 1
160k x 1 (10kg PB) :D
100k x 21

Squat and deadlift PB attempts on Friday :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Started using my dumbbells tonight to get myself started. I'm tiny compared to pretty much everybody at 5' 10" and about 11.5 Stone and very weak.

Started off on arms to see how I get on, 3x15 Hammer curls then 3x15 skull crushers and now my arms feel like they might fall off, I guess thats good? Only a pathetic 3.5k on each dumbbell as thats about all I can manage and actually complete the sets.

No clue if I should be doing less reps and more set on a higher weight or what, any tips?

Man of Honour
Its hard going when you are doing it for a couple of hours! Anyway squats are good enough for me.
It's fine if that's all you'll do, but it certainly isn't anywhere near "enough". Most strength athletes will at least do SLDL or front squats as well, and reverse DB lunges are awesome for your core stability.
Awesome bench session tonight although it nearly turned to ****. Worked my way up to 120K in an empty gym, gave it 10 minutes then decided to go home because I needed a spotter. A mate turned up as I was walking out the door :eek:

Bench
60k x 10
80k x 10
100k x 10
120k x 5
140k x 5
150k x 1
160k x 1 (10kg PB) :D
100k x 21

Squat and deadlift PB attempts on Friday :cool:
Huge bench! Great work

Caporegime
Cheers dude.

Felt like the speed work I did last week really helped tonight. My sticking point's always been the first few inches off my chest but everything up to and including 150 flew up today. Think I might include speed work in my routine for a month or two after Christmas depending on how my shoulders feel. They did not like speed week! :o

Soldato
It's fine if that's all you'll do, but it certainly isn't anywhere near "enough". Most strength athletes will at least do SLDL or front squats as well, and reverse DB lunges are awesome for your core stability.
Would squats and seated leg presses be enough for a leg routine?

Soldato
Cheers dude.

Felt like the speed work I did last week really helped tonight. My sticking point's always been the first few inches off my chest but everything up to and including 150 flew up today. Think I might include speed work in my routine for a month or two after Christmas depending on how my shoulders feel. They did not like speed week! :o
Speed work?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Cheers dude.

I've been working on my bench recently by holding the bar at my chest for 2 seconds before pushing it out. So far I've managed some decent weight this way which will hopefully mean I can beat my PB of 160kg. Been able to do 130 x 4 followed by 140kg x 3 this way. Bottom part is the hardest part after all.

Caporegime
Speed work?
50-60% of your 1 rep max for an exercise done as fast as possible to increase force and explosive strength.

I've been working on my bench recently by holding the bar at my chest for 2 seconds before pushing it out. So far I've managed some decent weight this way which will hopefully mean I can beat my PB of 160kg. Been able to do 130 x 4 followed by 140kg x 3 this way. Bottom part is the hardest part after all.
I usually do these on my static days although I've never found them that beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom