*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well....Think I need to goto the docs...Had some lower back pain for almost two weeks now.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/ctdelves/Gym/LatSpread-15212-2.jpg[/]

It's roughly where that red dot is...And it doesn't feel muscular :([/QUOTE]

Do you bend your lower back when you sit at the computer? Sitting badly for long periods of time can cause pain in your lower back, as far as I know.

Caporegime
Do you bend your lower back when you sit at the computer? Sitting badly for long periods of time can cause pain in your lower back, as far as I know.

Nope, I actually have a decent chair at work with air pumps and stuff for the lower back.

Happened the other week when I super-setting legs with shoulders, just got some stupid lower back pump.

So yeah, not sure whether to stop for a week or just be careful? :p

Man of Honour
So yeah, not sure whether to stop for a week or just be careful? :p

Go to the doctors if you're in any doubt at all, your back is not something to mess around with. Asking any more about it may be veering into medical advice and we can't allow that here I'm afraid.

I hope it's nothing serious and you get sorted soon but it's deeply unpleasant and dehabilitating when you've got issues with your back.

Caporegime
Go to the doctors if you're in any doubt at all, your back is not something to mess around with. Asking any more about it may be veering into medical advice and we can't allow that here I'm afraid.

Oh I know, I'm not asking how to fix it :p

May take it easy next week / take it off....Got a house to decorate anyway soooooooo? Or just do the big lifts to tide my over

Soldato
I feel your pain sigma, late 2011 I had an injury and 2012 so far has been plagued with sickness...I'm starting again today after 11 days off.

Just heading there now :)

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Dead 3x3
Row 3x8

Add in a little grappling or some bag work and that'll be a nice day :)

Soldato
Thought this might be the best place to say hi.

Quick intro, it all started at the begining of 2011. I had wanted to get myself in shape for quite a while, my stats at the start of 2011 were
5' 71/2";) and 12st. worked my self down to 11st by March 11 and decided it was time to get to a gym.

Here is how the link to the OC sports arena comes in, I have known LiE for about 15 years and he finally convinced me to get down a gym after hearing i had been getting on the right track to get myself in to shape.

Since March 11 i have been going to a gym at least 3 times a week, missed only a couple of sessions due to work+ illness combo, but apart from that i think i can now say gyming it is a part of my life :)

My pb's for the big 3 as of Feb this year are

11st 13lb (probably around 25% BF scary!! just cant seem to shake it)
Bench Press 85x1
Squat 130x1
Deadlift 150x1

I am hoping to make some solid progress this year, i have started out 2012 with a 2 month cut and got down from 12st 5lb to 11st 13lb now back on to bulking and mass building with a personal aim to up my bench to 100kg in time for my birthday in May. Other then that 2012 is hopefully the year i get big and lean we shall see.

Caporegime
Thought this might be the best place to say hi.

Quick intro, it all started at the begining of 2011. I had wanted to get myself in shape for quite a while, my stats at the start of 2011 were
5' 71/2";) and 12st. worked my self down to 11st by March 11 and decided it was time to get to a gym.

Here is how the link to the OC sports arena comes in, I have known LiE for about 15 years and he finally convinced me to get down a gym after hearing i had been getting on the right track to get myself in to shape.

Since March 11 i have been going to a gym at least 3 times a week, missed only a couple of sessions due to work+ illness combo, but apart from that i think i can now say gyming it is a part of my life :)

My pb's for the big 3 as of Feb this year are

11st 13lb (probably around 25% BF scary!! just cant seem to shake it)
Bench Press 85x1
Squat 130x1
Deadlift 150x1

I am hoping to make some solid progress this year, i have started out 2012 with a 2 month cut and got down from 12st 5lb to 11st 13lb now back on to bulking and mass building with a personal aim to up my bench to 100kg in time for my birthday in May. Other then that 2012 is hopefully the year i get big and lean we shall see.

Welcome matey

Nice! Your PB's are higher than mine and i've been going for 8months straight or so :p

Keep going buddy and you'll get some nice numbers! Don't forget to get some progress shots up in the image thread in SO :)

Permabanned
Going to start gyming this next week if all goes to plan.

Weight loss mainly, then leading into getting into better fitness.

Will be doing row machines? treadmill, bikes and swimming. Slightly daunting as ive never been to a gym before and dont know what to expect from it or the people inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom