Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Oh dear god. First leg day in almost 3 weeks :eek:

brb can't stand up

squats 60kgx3x8
front squats 40kgx2x8 - just giving these a go, need to learn the technique
etc

yeah, tomorrow is gonna hurt

really need to get my form checked at the meet though, lower back feels quite pumped

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh, DOMS Schmoms. I did squats on Thursday for the first time in about 3 months - managed 5 sets of 120kg plus a big warmup. I just went for a 4.5 mile run and feel great. To all those complaining of pain - I suggest running it off - it works wonders.:cool:

Man of Honour
Good sesh today. A bit of squat action and back work.

Worked up to 160kg on squats just for a couple of reps, but with depth and good form and happy with my strength.

BORs and chins finished me off nicely. :)

Soldato
Really loving the gains I'm making right now. Hit 450KG on leg presses, added around 20KG to squats and around 10 or so to bench press.

I'm still trying to mass gain - it's a pain in the butt though. Getting there slowly, pretty much back on track after a huge weight loss for being ill for three weeks near the end of last year. Wasn't happy with that!

Man of Honour
Right, so this is PHAT as I would do it, still including silly amounts of arm work.

Week 1 Day 1: Upper Power
BOR 3x5
Pull ups 2x6
Cable row 2x10
Flat DB press 3x5
Dips 2x8
DB shoulder press 3x8
EZ curls 3x8
Skull crushers 3x8

Day 2: Lower Power
Squats 3x5
RDL 3x8
Leg Press 2x10
Leg extensions 2x8
GHR 2x10
Standing calf 3x10
Seated calf 2x10

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Back/shoulders hypertrophy
Speed BOR 6x3
Inverted/t-bar row 3x12
Cable row 3x12
DB row/shrugs 2x15
CG pulldowns 2x20
DB press 3x12
Face pulls 2x15
Lateral raises 3x20

Day 5: Lower hypertrophy
Speed squats 6x3
Walking lunge 3x10
Leg press 2x15
RDL 3x12
Leg extensions 3x20
Leg curls 2x15
Donkey calf raise 3x15
Seated calf raise 3x15

Day 6: CHARMS hypertrophy
Speed flat DB press 6x3
Inc. DB press 3x12
Chest press 3x15
Inc cable flyes 2x20
EZ preachers 3x12
BB curls 2x15
DB conc. Curls 2x15
OH tricep extension 3x12
Cable rope pressdown 2x15
Reverse grip pressdown 2x15
Still haven't decided if I'm going to do it. I kind of want to get stuck into another powerlifting program, I haven't been able to finish one in a while due to changing gyms, illness, and generally being too busy. I've already decided not to go for a crazy cut for the comp at the end of the month; 7kg in 3 weeks, even including loss from water protocol, is a bit too aggressive.

My thinking behind two weeks of PHAT is to freshen things up and help drop some weight. I want to be sitting at 85kg all year...

Decisions decisions...

Caporegime
google "Bodybuilding Tip: Why Are Dudes In Prison So Yoked ?!??"

basically they are saying it's not worth taking supplements or training your ass off every day and being pedantic about form, etc, because the amount you can grow and your full potential is based on your genetics not what you eat or do.

i believe this to be true, some guys go in the gym every day and do not grow at all, same size in 5 years time, other guys go 2 or 3 times a week and are jacked, basically genetics > all.

you cant change your genetics.

so dont worry too much about things just enjoy doing what your doing, chances are it will make next to zero difference if you have poor genetics if you don't do everything 100% right.

it's probably the reason why i have always had huge ass legs and had problems driving cars and getting jeans even when i never ever trained legs. my leg genetics are just insane. same goes for my shoulders but the rest is fairly average or less than average.

these twins even though they are twins have different genetics one of them has perfect abs and the other has wonky abs, see their other video on genetics for more info.

some solid real info from these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom