*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I see - so the only time you shouldn't train is when injured? I thought DOMS meant that the muscles needed to heal.

I will have to try and see how to do them on the floor then. I did try the sofa but it wasn't pleasant!

Do you not have a step anywhere? stairs etc? :)

But yes, train through doms...What routine are you doing? A three day split or other? DOMS are only natural, they will eventually even out a bit more after the first few weeks just by training continuously.

So train 7 days a week?

Mmmmmmno, not yet anyway, maybe when your ronnie coleman or Arnold :p When I say to not train 7 days, I mean weight train, things like cardio etc are a tad different coupled with weight training. However it's good to have a rest day/s

Associate

I had trackies on when going to the gym, when I wasn't working out.. driving in my car..

I realised I had forgot my shorts when I got to the gym and didnt want to do an hours run in trackies, hense the "getting sweaty in trackies ewww"

I spek gud engrish? :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
....He doesn't like sweating in his trackies...but doesn't like walking about in the cold in shorts :p

About it really, I walked to the last meet in shorts...I swear my manhood went inside out

Caporegime
So train 7 days a week?

Meh, some people say its bad to train 7 days a week others say it doesn't affect them much.

I try and train at least once a day, but not always weights. At the moment I try and do my 4 day split then a day of cardio and back to 4 day split.

Some people will disagree with it, but these are the biggest gains I've seen in ages. So I'll stick to it till I stop seeing gains.

It's all down to how your body grows.

Soldato
I balance it with my life style. I think lifting gives me the motivation to make it through the week, as I really looking forward to each session. But by the power of grayskull do I need my lie ins on a weekend, and enjoy relaxing!

Soldato
....He doesn't like sweating in his trackies...but doesn't like walking about in the cold in shorts :p

About it really, I walked to the last meet in shorts...I swear my manhood went inside out

Hey delvis, hows the back healing up? I think im suffering with the same thing :(. So just wondered how its going with it.

Caporegime
Hey delvis, hows the back healing up? I think im suffering with the same thing :(. So just wondered how its going with it.

Hi man

Yeah still some niggling pain going on...Not 'as' bad as last week, but still something there. It occasionally twangs if I bend over or something (like washing up) so try and bend my knees more at the moment...

I can feel it mostly if I straighten my upper back up then 'arch' my lower back, feels like a small bit of pressure or something...Either way still not back in the gym yet which sucks as it's not something I want to play death with really :p

Got a fair whack to do this week with regards to moving house so i'm taking the opportunity to 'rest' a little, even though i'm lugging boxes around. If it's still knackered next week I'm going to go back to the docs again and pursue it a bit further.

Soldato
Hi man

Yeah still some niggling pain going on...Not 'as' bad as last week, but still something there. It occasionally twangs if I bend over or something (like washing up) so try and bend my knees more at the moment...

I can feel it mostly if I straighten my upper back up then 'arch' my lower back, feels like a small bit of pressure or something...Either way still not back in the gym yet which sucks as it's not something I want to play death with really :p

Got a fair whack to do this week with regards to moving house so i'm taking the opportunity to 'rest' a little, even though i'm lugging boxes around. If it's still knackered next week I'm going to go back to the docs again and pursue it a bit further.

Sounds very familiar to mine. At the moment I've took the week off to focus on mobility and to work it in to my daily routine and will see how back is next week.
I believe I did mine on Deadlift, as I pulled instead of pushed :(

Soldato
Think I twinged my rotator cuff benching last night, did first working set on 105kg for 8, gave me jip through the whole workout but still managed to get a good session out of it!

Managed 118kg for 7, on the last working set which I was happy with.

Lesson learnt, warm them up before benching relatively heavy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom