*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A good end to the week, back and biceps this morning then cycle to work.

I feel as fresh as a daisy logging on at work this morning, I'm not so sure I will this afternoon.

Soldato
Shoulders today, really looking forward to doing them.

Will do a 5/3/1 to see what I max out on with OHP, am hoping for atleast 84kg, if I manage that will try a cheeky bodyweight OHP of 91kg.

Caporegime
50kg on front squats - OUCH!

Anyway guys looking for some advice (again) just been told I am defo doing tough mudder in July so going to need to ramp up my cardio big style!

Though I still want to keep strength and body building up. I will be eating like mad whilist doing cardio regardless, as I'll need the energy and don't want to lose any weight at the moment.

I need some sort of 2/3 day split. Is going for 2/3 day all body workouts worthwhile?

I.E doing legs/back/chest/shoulders on all days a good thing? I need to ramp up my muscle fatigue really. So I would imagine dropping the weight down a little and going high reps a good thing?

At the moment, I'm doing 4 days - chest/tris, back/bi's, shoulders/grip/core, legs/core. But I need to make room for cardio and start working out more than once a day when possible.

So TLDR spec me a 2 or 3 day all body work out?

Thinking something like

A

Bench
Squats
Pull ups
dips
incline bench
BOR

B

Deadlifts
Military press
pull ups
press ups (incline)
lat pull downs
front squats

Associate

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Cristian, my tip with using the belt is only use it for 2 conditions.
1. 1RM tests.
2. Doing high reps at a heavy weight. This normally only 1 set per session.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
tom_e thanks a lot mate!

I just received this (ordered yesterday) and it looks very sturdy/industrial grade:D.
Not sure about the exact thickness but I think it's 1cm as well.
A bit better value than the pullum one, that's for sure!

Squat session tonight should be interesting. :)

No worries mate, I've used mine a few times and it's spot on.

Associate
Cristian, my tip with using the belt is only use it for 2 conditions.
1. 1RM tests.
2. Doing high reps at a heavy weight. This normally only 1 set per session.

Cheers, that's exactly how I intend to use it as well, for my heavy sets of squats, deadlifts and OHP.

I've never used a proper belt before, all my maxes/heavy work (including my 220 deadlifts with no leg drive at all :D ) so far were done without a belt and I have no intention of losing my core strength.

I'm planning on this for the future http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-...ll-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

might end up using it for more than one set per session. :D

Man of Honour
Cheers, that's exactly how I intend to use it as well, for my heavy sets of squats, deadlifts and OHP.

I've never used a proper belt before, all my maxes/heavy work (including my 220 deadlifts with no leg drive at all :D ) so far were done without a belt and I have no intention of losing my core strength.

I'm planning on this for the future http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-...ll-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

might end up using it for more than one set per session. :D
PHAT is awesome, but there's a LOT of curling ;)
I'm cutting :p Down from ~83kg so far and looking small as **** :cool:
I feel small! :mad: I hate cutting.

kai

kai

Soldato
I'm cutting :p Down from ~83kg so far and looking small as **** :cool:

When did this cut start, last time you was hanging on for dear life before you started it?

It is weird mind; i am now dropping more fat but in the right places and i am looking bigger than ever - the drier you look the bigger :)

Soldato
When did this cut start, last time you was hanging on for dear life before you started it?

It is weird mind; i am now dropping more fat but in the right places and i am looking bigger than ever - the drier you look the bigger :)

Started beginning of feb :D Yeah i couldn't decide what to do but chose to cut in the end. Better to bulk up when shredded i think :cool:

kai

kai

Soldato
Decided to throw a spanner in the works last night and mix things up to keep things fresh - i am seriously paying for it today DOMS galore.

A good idea (at the time) to do GVT on machine leg press as part of my leg session !!!

10 sets x 150kg - (30 second rest per set)

i was so disorientated from set 6 the rest was a mere blur

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Never heard of PHAT, just had a quick read. I used to do 4 weeks mass followed by 4 weeks strength. My reasoning being that I want to increase my strength which would allow me to hit bigger numbers for reps during mass. Similar concept to PHAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom