*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Week 3 of SL completed.

Still on target with the schedule but feeling next week might be a tough one with the numbers starting to increase. Also 100% increase in 3 weeks on my squats weight!!:D:D haha

5 min warm up on treadmill
3 x 5 reps @ 40kg Squat
3 x 5 reps @ 30kg Bench
3 x 5 reps @ 40kg bend over row

15 mins on bike

Stretch.

Feeling good so far!!!

Permabanned
PS has anyone used rack pulls to great effect? Tried them last night. Weird..

In themselves as an exercise they do little more than stroke the ego. As part of a deadlift building or strength routine they have a place.

deadlift
squat
bench
ohp

till im blue in the face ill promise thats all most people here need to do

Man of Honour
Rack pulls are awesome, but as UE says they have a specific purpose (aside from massaging your ego ;)). Great for overloading the top part of the deadlift, but this is unnecessary for 99% of people.

(apologies for the grunt/shout/thing!)

That's equalling a PB after lots of deadlifting, and wasn't a very good idea! Massive mid back fatigue, but working on this is what has lead to my current DL form. Could have possibly got 310kg, but stupid mode kicked in and I went for 320kg which was going nowhere!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Was chatting to some stacked dude in the gym tonight, think he competes, he was massive. Got talking about squats, he doesn't do them because they are too 'risky' and he has injured his back twice... I dunno what to say to that lol :rolleyes:

Associate
Being caffiene free feels so good now most withdrawal symptoms seem to have abated.
Been up since 5 this morning after 4 hours sleep amd the only reason im tired is due to the 6 hours of train journeys today.

Feelsgoodman

Soldato
Managed a 84kg OHP with 0 leg drive, feels good! Tried a 90kg but was spent at that point :p

92kg BW, 8 to go!
Trap is so much.better, shrugged 8x8 supersetting dbs and bb, insane pump!

Last edited:
Associate
So my first squatting session with a proper belt. It is so stiff that putting it on was a workout in itself.:o
Started up with the usual warmup belt free and felt pretty heavy on my WU sets 60x5 and 100x5. Long week and pretty tired didn't make me to enthusiastic about things.

Then decided to put the belt on for fun.
120x1 just bounced up instantly
140x1 went up the same way

bear in mind my old PB was 160
loaded the bar with 170 and it went straight up with no stalling.
then decided to dropset via 140x5, 100x10.

All I could think of was this
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Squats are sooo much easier with it lol, no wonder that most people that push high numbers do it while wearing a belt.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I find it helps keep the core tight, allowing me to go heavier, but the weight itself isn't easier due to the belt unless there is some back drive. Should be all legs, back should just be like a rock throughout, which the belt helps with.

Basically because the core is tight it allows you to stay in a strong back position with heavier weights, which helps set your legs up for a good drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom