*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Certainly very true.

It's extremely annoying when people shrug them off as if they're nothing.

This usually coming from the average bicep boy that's still probably weaker than me haha :p

I wish I could transmit my pain into them during one of their "sets", you know the ones where they swing their arms and think they're curling.

Soldato
Seems like I just spent like an hour on just squats (doing more sets while I work on form).

Squats - 70-80kg
Bench Press - 82.5kg (everything over 80kg are new PB's for reps :D)
Row - 65kg

As always, followed shortly after - Death by HIIT.

Associate
Seems like I just spent like an hour on just squats (doing more sets while I work on form).

Squats - 70-80kg
Bench Press - 82.5kg (everything over 80kg are new PB's for reps :D)
Row - 65kg

As always, followed shortly after - Death by HIIT.

I often spend an hour on squats. :confused:

Caporegime
Annnnnnnd this is why I'm taking it easy at the moment, I'd rather heal than screw myself up more :p

.....Such truth...

I see them trying to deadlift sometimes and 'oh god', their backs are sooo curved it hurts me just to look at them :(

Heh...Makes you wonder if they're actually doing it right and we're doing it wrong :o

:p

Soldato
Made a 152kg(335lb) bench in the end last night, no video so you'll have to take my word, and yes it's a legit press before you say anything LiE ;) Over the moon!

Went on to do 100kg x12/10/8 after with the rest of my session, chest is in pieces today!!!!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
ha Tommy, I'm not doubting you :) I'm just a stickler for good form now that's all, and like watching how different people lift. How did you structure your sets in the end?

Last edited:
Soldato
ha Tommy, I'm not doubting you :) I'm just a stickler for good form now that's all, and like watching how different people lift. How did you structure your sets in the end?

It's cool I'm only having a play! :D

Went with;

60x12
100x5
120x2
130x1
140x1
150x1 - spotter told me to stick a little more as it went up fine
152x1

Probably took more of an olympic type approach to it compared to yours LiE in terms of form, although without videoing or taking a picture of myself in position, not 100% sure how prominent the attempted arch in my back actually is.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys, I could do with some advice.

My weight days are Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays - all other days I run/cycle.

Currently I'm doing workout A (SL) on Wednesdays, workout B on Friday and combined workout A&B on Sunday.

The thing is, the Wednesday session only takes me half an hour to complete but I'm in the gym for an hour, and Friday I'm in the gym for up to 2 hours - could I work in some other exrcises to compliment what I've just done, or perhaps target some muscles that weren't covered in the SL workouts?

I'd like to make Wednesday upper-body and Friday Lower body and leave Sunday for SL combined + core.

So really I'm looking for some suggestions on some further upper body work on a wednesday and leg work on the Friday. Sunday I'll leave as is.

Tah guys!

Soldato
Annnnnnnd this is why I'm taking it easy at the moment, I'd rather heal than screw myself up more :p

Heh...Makes you wonder if they're actually doing it right and we're doing it wrong :o

:p

Hah, could you imagine if that were the case. :confused:

Oh how very wrong we and all athletes have ever been haha.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I normally just sock it, not always great though.

Plus I fancy a pair of minimal shoes. They should have minimal bounce on them and be good for the treadmil after it.

Man of Honour
They're just not flat though which is my biggest issue. I know it's not the most convenient thing in the world but I wouldn't try to lift using the same shoes I ran in as doing so is bound to compromise both things, which I reckon could lead to injury ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom