*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There is definitely something in this "no trainers" squatting!! haha

Tried it today and found it much more stable and dare I say a bit easier than the last set I did in socked feet.

Anyway - short of time today so no cardio but will try and get out for a run later.

warmup on treadmill

3 x 5 reps @ 50kg squat
3 x 5 reps @ 35kg bench press
3 x 5 reps @ 45kg bendover row - last set was a struggle.

Some core stretches and workout

Caporegime
Nice one Monkee :)

As LiE said, get those glutes in to action more, hump the bar if you have to at the top!
Probably nothing to note, but at 25s~ you heels pop up a touch (read: Hardly at all :)), so don't know if you leaned forward a tad or not...

Good work though chap! Especially over 100KG

Soldato
LiE, I was trying believe it or not. I think this is actually pretty close to what I can handle. I'm virtually shagging the bar at 60 - 80kg, get it up past 100kg and everything slows down :D

I wasn't expecting to find out that LiE has inside knowledge of Monkee's glute strength.

We're a close bunch.......

Associate
Anyone suggest any good shoulder stability stuff? I've already got thing like single arm dumbbell bench and pressup(ish), med ball press ups, half kneeling single arm DB press . . .

Any more :)?

Soldato
I've just purchased a unit where you can do pull-ups, dips, hanging leg raises and press ups, i only need it for pull-ups as there is nothing in my double garage where i can do pull-ups.

Man of Honour
Going to be controversial here and say purely from a weight lifting perspective, stretching is a pointless waste of time

And by that, I mean stretching in the way that people normally think of when you say stretching, "warming up". Just grab some 1kg/2kg dumbbells and do some real high rep warm up sets instead

The only stretching that should be done is the type you would do in between sets of certain exercises. Or maybe some light stretching after the workout. But people that do 10 minutes stretching before a workout just annoy me immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom