*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I'm easily the skinniest person in the gym; WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE SQUATTING? :confused:

Hi sigma *think* we might be about the same strength (going off your bw and height, and how much you deadlifted a couple of pages back) :) we should compare lifts to see how we both progress.

I'm 6" and ~ 72kg

Hi there, fellow stick-man :D Give me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things and we can compare numbers, I've only recently started again after a few months off. For example, today I squatted 35kg but I think I have more in the tank, it's mainly stiffness/technique holding me back, I think.

5'6" @ 93kg

Yes im a short ass... :p

If that is mainly muscle then you're a short ass....TANK :eek:

Guys what are your usual post work out routines? Do you stretch? I never see anyone stretching in the gym (not that that is anything to go by).

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there, fellow stick-man :D Give me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things and we can compare numbers, I've only recently started again after a few months off. For example, today I squatted 35kg but I think I have more in the tank, it's mainly stiffness/technique holding me back, I think.

I just started after a couple of years off so s'all good :)

Soldato
How does this look lads? Trying to simplify my routine a little, and am switching to 8-12, gains/progress appears to have halted on 3x8 for now.

BB Bench - 3x8-12
Inc DB - 3x8-12
Dips (weighted)- 3x8-12
Cable flys - 3x8-12
Skulls w/ CGBP - 3x8-12
Cable kicks - 3x8-12

Will take me just under an hour, I suspect someone will suggest to remove one of the isolations on tri's though, and will alternate between Inc DB/Decline BB each week.

I like having bench BB as a staple starting exercise, but also think someone will suggest Incline DB in it's place.

Soldato
What do you mean by 8-12? You manage 12 reps on the first set and by the third it's only 8 reps?

That's a lot of exercises for just under an hour! You can't be resting very long between sets... personally I'd go for fewer exercises with more weight and rest.

Soldato
What do you mean by 8-12? You manage 12 reps on the first set and by the third it's only 8 reps?

That's a lot of exercises for just under an hour! You can't be resting very long between sets... personally I'd go for fewer exercises with more weight and rest.

It's;

1x12
1x10
1x8

About 1min rest between sets give or take a few seconds.

Have you tried cable push downs or cable rope extensions?

yeah, I do them all, try to mix them up between sessions. This particular session am looking at doing the above though.

Going to be odd doing 8-12, have been on 3x8 for the last 2.5ish months.

Soldato
Really think I should have an omelette tbh.

KFC is tasty though :(

I'm not macro counting to begin with. I'm just going to eat eat eat and eat, then eat and eat some more. Trying to keep it relatively healthy but not overly.

Man of Honour
Guys what are your usual post work out routines? Do you stretch? I never see anyone stretching in the gym (not that that is anything to go by).
Ideally I'd do 10-15 mins of warming down and 5-10 of stretching.
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom