*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've already had some chicken and have some nuts ready to consume. I could mix some hemp powder in water too, would be horrible to drink though.

Need to do some shopping me thinks.

Guess I should have gone to KFC! :p

Soldato
This is why you need a structured diet sigma.

Indeed.

Or just planning meals the day before...

Well, I spent most of yesterday in the library but your point still stands.

I have boiled veg, sweet potatoes and chicken for later, will have to do with fruit and some calorific home made nut snack thingys for now.

Going to go and do some work then shall plan food for the week ahead and post it up.

Why did I have to think of peanut butter on toast :( :'(

Soldato
Sometimes. I'll be varying what i eat between junk and more "real"-ish food and logging it in this thread most likely :) Breakfast will probably stay the same of oats + whey + almonds just because it's easy and fast.

Man of Honour
Sometimes. I'll be varying what i eat between junk and more "real"-ish food and logging it in this thread most likely :) Breakfast will probably stay the same of oats + whey + almonds just because it's easy and fast.

nevermind-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-214.gif

Associate
Haven't posted here in a while!

Started cutting 7 weeks ago from 17% bodyfat. Dropped 12 pounds of body weight so far, roughly 4 pounds was water and 8 was fat. Going to continue dropping till I'm down to 10% bodyfat then only eat 500 above maintenance for a long term steady bulk.

Last time I bulked I was eating 3.5k+ calories a day and gained a lot of fat (but also a decent amount of muscle in a few months).

I'm 5'7 & 58kg at the moment. I haven't lost much strength in the past 7 weeks of cutting which is really good for me! Here are some stats on the lifts I do, not that impressive but I'm happy with them since I only weigh 58kg with not much muscle haha.

Dumbbell Squats - 30kg each hand
Barbell Deadlifts - 98kg
Dumbbell Bench Press - 18kg each hand (bench press is my weakest by far)
Bent Over Row - 55kg
Military Press - 32.5kg
Barbell Bicep Curl - 32.5kg
Shrugs - 70kg

I should be 10% bodyfat within 5/6 weeks hopefully, then I have a month to gain a bit of muscle before my holiday!

I just wish I was able to do pull ups and dips at home since they're great exercises for back/biceps/triceps/chest!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Come at me. (srs) You know from a notwantingtocompetejustshedsomefat perspective its fine.

To be honest, I think it's just laziness. It's for people who can't be bothered preparing food, or for people who don't really have the willpower to stick to a proper diet. And they can justify it in their heads by "oh but it worked for some people on a forum online so it will work for me"

I know it does work, you lose weight, but that's simply because you're in a calorie deficit, you'll still look soft and bloated due to the high sugar/salt content, and to look like the shredded **** you want too, you'll still have to finish off with a strict diet. But anyone can go on a calorie deficit diet, that's the easy part

I know you've made your mind up so I won't continue as to why it's a ridiculous idea, but I don't support it at all and think you'll see quicker and better results from a structured diet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom