*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Are the store branded packs of flavoured chicken considered processed?

Like these

Hope not! They're so yummy and great for having inbetween meals.

You can get unflavoured ones, which have something like 50-75g's more chicken, and cost the same.

They are at my local tesco express anyway, I tend to go for those if doing so.

Man of Honour
That brings peace of mind.

For the most part I eat healthy, am partial to the odd chocolate bar, and energy drink though (I know I know... :()

Nuts/Fish/Chicken/Potato/Cheese/salad/veg/pasta/milk/bread for the most part summarises my diet pretty well.

Indeed. I like my treats from time to time. They're fine really, if you buy them from a hand made freshly prepared bakery sort of place. All the mass produced stuff is in general poor. Cakes and sugar are fine really, and I really mean that, if eaten in moderation, and are good wholesome ingredients - not the fake bakery you get in supermarkets or chain of bakers.

So basically you're ****ed if you want that sort of stuff unless you're lucky enough to have a nice partisan bakers near by.

Soldato
Me and the missus baked a double chocolate cake on Saturday. It was not eaten in moderation that evening, nor the evening after, nor last night. :p

Potato time :)

Soldato
I do have an NHS appointment coming up, but it takes so damn long sometimes...and this is just the phone appointment! I'm not actually seeing anyone yet!

So yeah, booked it directly with a local company (one recommended by a forum member) and the damn place was closed as I said :p Ah well..Should costs £35/£40

That's nice a cheap at least. The sooner you see someone the better.

Also got out of bed today and yikes, upper back doms, forearm doms and upper chest doms.

Oh how I've missed them:D:cool:

Wonder if I'll be able for more gym tomorrow.

Soldato
Thanks mate.

I'm not doing much at all, but it's better than nothing at the moment. I don't like this whole training 2-3 times a week at most though.

Then again my body is repairing a lot of damage. Not including all the hypertrophy kicking in now after 7-8 months of being inactive.

It's odd, my legs don't get doms, but if I try to use push them the next day after training they just fail my after 10 minutes on the crosstrainer at my normal setup.

Ah well, I'll have plenty of time to get my calves and legs into shape again.

I'm just so impatient though haha. I want my old working body from May last year back right now. My gym back still has all my wraps, straps, chalk, belts and shoes in it.

It feels wrong to take them out :(

Soldato
Wholewheat pasta is good.

I take it you can't eat bread because of a gluten intolerance?

Some sort of intolerance, yeah. It just does not go down well. Even one baguette just buggers up my digestive system now; I'll spare the details. It's annoying because I went through a stage of munching a peanut butter on toast and miss it like crazy.

No love for the diary :(

I can't have normal milk :( I have found Oat Milk to be on the money now though so at least I can have that!

Plenty of veg now.
<snip>

Awesome, thanks! :cool:

I'm surprised there isn't more talk on here about food, I guess people only find the need to discuss it if there is a problem.

Thanks mate.

I'm not doing much at all, but it's better than nothing at the moment. I don't like this whole training 2-3 times a week at most though.

One step at a time, at least you're back in the gym :) Funny how you say 2-3 times isn't enough. I used to think it was a struggle but this time I'm trying to do some form of exercise every single day, even if I can't make it to the gym.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Good stuff. I've just started preparing meals days in advance which is a lot cheaper but they're just so handy to put with a pack of tilda rice if you're short on time.

On completely unrelated note, I had mussels for the first time yesterday, they're great. I'd love to add them to my diet if they weren't so expensive.
I wish all fish was cheaper. To eat quantities that actually bump up my macros it gets too expensive to be anything other than a treat.

<3 fish and shellfish.

531 Squats from last night (1+ week):
warm ups with various reps to 120
135x2 felt silly to do one
1x5mins listening to angry music
170x10 boom! Limited mostly breathing on the last two reps
BBB 5x10x107.5

GHR 3x10xbw - reduced volume due to having to do deads on wednesday

Walking lunge (big hip extension) lotsxbw

Mobility 10 mins

Feast.

This is a "bodyweight 10rep PB", which I may have just invented. I did 177.5x10 when I was around 92kg, and now I'm just under 87kg. Success! Smolov may be looming...

Some gentle 400m repeats today, followed by a bit of ankle mob. and bench 531.

Man of Honour
Cheers guys!

Probably not going to max out for a little while. Essentially, if I do smolov I'll test in around 5 weeks, otherwise I'll just peak in 10 weeks time.

It's all going well at the moment. The increased carbs seem to be helping, so I doth my cap to Steedie! Weight is still trickling down, but I'd like to be a solid 86kg by the end of the week.

Soldato
Cheers guys!

Probably not going to max out for a little while. Essentially, if I do smolov I'll test in around 5 weeks, otherwise I'll just peak in 10 weeks time.

It's all going well at the moment. The increased carbs seem to be helping, so I doth my cap to Steedie! Weight is still trickling down, but I'd like to be a solid 86kg by the end of the week.

Damn nice squatting mate!

Also a solid 86kg? I reached that around December haha, jsut lying about feating on doughnuts.

I'll be happy enough maxing out the chest press in the gym at it's 170kg :D

Caporegime
531 Squats from last night (1+ week):
warm ups with various reps to 120
135x2 felt silly to do one
1x5mins listening to angry music
170x10 boom! Limited mostly breathing on the last two reps
BBB 5x10x107.5
Nice. Only managed 8 at 172.5 myself which was disappointing. Wanted 12 and expected at least 10 but my core fatigued, the stronger muscles took over and my form broke so I stopped. Didn't feel CV limited either :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's like that with 531, you can have a 'less than stellar day' and miss a few reps which you would have got on any other day. As long as you keep progressing it's all good :)

Caporegime
Always thought I had a reasonably strong core but the 5x10 sets are really showing me up. My lower back, hamstrings and abs were still aching from the 5x10 deadlifts and knee raises on Friday and after 3x10 sets of squats last night I was really struggling. Last week I was waiting for my heart rate to drop before starting another set but last night it was all down to my core.

Man of Honour
Damn nice squatting mate!

Also a solid 86kg? I reached that around December haha, jsut lying about feating on doughnuts.

I'll be happy enough maxing out the chest press in the gym at it's 170kg :D
Isn't that a more squishy 86kg...? :p

Thanks mate, it's coming together at last.

It's good to see you enjoying training again as well. You've got the perfect excuse to swolify your broceps :D
Nice. Only managed 8 at 172.5 myself which was disappointing. Wanted 12 and expected at least 10 but my core fatigued, the stronger muscles took over and my form broke so I stopped. Didn't feel CV limited either :(
I'm not really sure why I felt CV limited as much as I did, I might have messed up my breathing or core control in some way. Regardless, I was always going to limit myself to 10 reps. More isn't going to be better with deadlifts being moved to wednesday.

Are you testing your maxes soon?

I'm contemplating not deloading and just doing another week with max reps with slightly higher weight. This would mean 175kg squat (2.5kg off my best if I get 10), 107.5kg bench, ~65kg OHP, and maybe 207.5-210kg deads...

Bench might not go anywhere, but deads should be pretty decent reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom