*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Yeah the PTs in our gym actively enocurage people who are doing DLs to drop the weight, despite being on a first floor. The gents showers are below the free weights area and it honestly sounds like someones about to come crashing through sometimes.

wow releasing weight from height under tension, good job PT's you complete morons

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Oh how I miss doing weighed dips.

it's such a great exercise :(

It sure is, something a lot of people never really add weight to which is a shame.

wow, very impressive! Pity i cant do them.. I managed to tear something in my chest from overdoing them a few years ago and now I just get a sharp pain when I do them :(

What do you mean by overdoing them? Too much weight or bad technique? You gotta go down slow with heavy weight, if you dive bomb it's over...

Soldato
What do you mean by overdoing them? Too much weight or bad technique? You gotta go down slow with heavy weight, if you dive bomb it's over...

I think I did too many and my form messed up. I just felt a tear in the middle of my chest and that was that.. Couldn't even hold my weight without a stabbing pain.

Last edited:
Associate
wow releasing weight from height under tension, good job PT's you complete morons

It's hardly "from height" when it's only at knee/shin level of the final rep of a set. It's not a big deal. Saves potentially doing any damage by going into too much deficit.

To be fair to some of the PT's in my gym, they know their stuff and actually weight lift themselves.

Associate
I'm guessing swordfish is pretty expensive?

I've had a real hankering for a tuna steak recently, but I'm too lazy to go and get some and learn how to cook it well :).

Soldato
^^ Any circuit will do, it's just about being creative.
I'll make some of my clients do something like:
10 burpee's to jumping pullups
20KG plate floor push (across carpet)
Farmers Walk (around the gym)
1min of pushing against the belt on the treadmill (treadmill off)

Dead!! lol

Soldato
Last set from last night. Not a big weight, but concentrating on form and depth.
No need for "form check discussion", I have already done that, just thought i'd throw it on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom