*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Forget the weights for a moment.

Post up your typical daily food intake.

You can do all the routines in the world but if your diet is not sufficient you won't be going anywhere.

9am Breakfast - 2 brown toast, 3 scrambled eggs, glass of milk, 1 multi vit.

from 10am-1pm (1-2 coffees)

2pm lunch - chicken breast and pasta/baguette (baguette usually has tuna/chicken/beef in it)

6pm Pre gym - chicken sandwich (1 breast chicken, 2 brown bread, light mayo some salad leaves)

9pm post gym - steak/chicken/fish, potatoes/sweet potatoes/pasta and veg or salad

For desert its just fruit tangerine and some grapes....

On non lifting days I drop the pre gym sandwich.

Caporegime
Well in 3 months I went from 10kg to 17.5 kg on the bench press.

I went from 8kg shoulder press to 12kg.

All pretty puny I know, he said it was because my volume is just too low, at this point it was just a FB workout 2x a week. I upped it to 3, which didn't feel too much, but then got interested in splits.

So here i am with no direction to go in, because I don't know what routine I'm doing anymore.

Diet is not brilliant, but generally clean.

The problem I have is that I am lifting puny weights and carry a lot of belly fat. Which means I have two goals.

The good thing I found with splits, is the volume is lower on a weights day giving me time for after weights cardio.

On the FB routine, volume too high to have time for cardio as well.

You can still lift heavy and do cardio. I'm lifting heavy (for me) at the moment rather than huge reps and just went for a 4-5 mile run in 30c~ heat.

Bloody hard work mind.

Associate
You can still lift heavy and do cardio. I'm lifting heavy (for me) at the moment rather than huge reps and just went for a 4-5 mile run in 30c~ heat.

Bloody hard work mind.

You on holiday? or is Scotland now in the middle east? :p

On another note. Somehow managed to pick up a cold from work and haven't been to the gym in two days and have been an absolute pig with all the Easter chocolate in the house. I feel so bad :(

Associate
Just working out my macro's again and I'm falling short on Carbs.

What I've worked out so far:

1900 Kcal
161g Protein
165g Carbs
46g Fat

I've got another 200-300 Kcal worth of food I'd like to add, ideally along with a lot of carbs. Any suggestions guys?

Soldato
Was going to try some light squats today but unfortunately the bar was in use by 2 guys doing deadlifts with literally the worst form i have ever seen. I was just sat there gobsmacked for like 10 minutes watching as they hauled the weight up using purely lower back curve topping it off with the huge hyper extension at the top.

Soldato
Easter is so tough for a chocoholic who is trying to clean his act up.

Happy to say that I have not eaten a single easter egg yet (well had some mini eggs 2 days ago) and I just had the opportunity of eating a chocolate cake slice and turned it down.

Must resist.

Caporegime
Easter's one of the few times of the year along with weekends, public holidays, Birthdays and special occasions when you should be able to eat what you want without fear of reprisal. Eat the eggs and embrace the fat! :D

Soldato
Well, last time I 'embraced' was at Christmas (!!!) and I'm only just now weaning myself off!

The problem is that once you have a little bit it turns into a lot, then you get cravings and it all goes downhill.

Bad times.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You on holiday? or is Scotland now in the middle east? :p

On another note. Somehow managed to pick up a cold from work and haven't been to the gym in two days and have been an absolute pig with all the Easter chocolate in the house. I feel so bad :(

In the middle east :p

Permabanned
Easter is so tough for a chocoholic who is trying to clean his act up.

Happy to say that I have not eaten a single easter egg yet (well had some mini eggs 2 days ago) and I just had the opportunity of eating a chocolate cake slice and turned it down.

Must resist.

well I have not eaten any for 47 days so going to binge today on chocolate and going out for a meal after to an Italian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom