*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's ok, but legs won't be getting worked anywhere near enough. And if they are, you either wont have the time or energy to do shoulders
Look how much protein the guy is suggesting should be eaten :p.

(btw I do now agree that figure is a bit mental and totally unnecessary).

Don't like the look of that routine at all though, I know less is often more but I don't want to feel like I've done almost nothing.

EDIT

Damn you and Skillmister for having the same sig :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is what I going to start doing from tomorrow.

Would anyone change anything?

Is it possible for me to included dead lifts? Would that be too much on back day?

3 day split

Monday

Chest

Dumbell Bench Press 4 x 10,10,10,10
Incline Bench Press 2 x 10

Triceps

Dips 3 x fail
Skull Crusher 3 x 10 Light weights – form

Abs
Plank
Air Bike

Wednesday

Back and Biceps

Wide Grip Pull Up 4 x 10
Seated Row 3 x 12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 x 10

Barbell Curl 3 x 10

Abs

Plank
Air Bike

Friday

Legs

Leg Press 4 x 10,10,10,10
Barbel Lunges 3 x 10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Calves 40

Shoulders

Military Press 4 x 8
Dumbell Lateral Raise 3 x 10

Abs
Plank
Air Bike

Soldato
kafyqd.jpg

34sqmte.jpg

25ai53c.jpg

Associate
I gave up telling my really skinny flatmate if he ate more he'd gain weight. He claimed to "eat loads" because he'd have a whole Dominos pizza in one sitting, however that would also be all he ate that day.

Soldato
This is what I going to start doing from tomorrow.

Would anyone change anything?

Repeat after me:
I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift. I need to squat and deadlift.

If you included those you could easily lose the ab isolation every workout.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey folks

Been back at the gym for a while. I have been addicted to this thread for ages. Some great results all around really.

I weigh just less than our Sun. And someone once told me "if there's a choice between cutting and bulking, always choose cutting".

Diet

Morning: Scottish Oats, no sugar, jam and one banana
Lunch: Chicken and bocolli and half a protein bar
5ish: Rest of protein bar
Pre-workout: Black powder
Post-workout: Whey protein with frozen black forest berries juiced in

I am soooooooooooooooooooo hungry!

I'll post my lifted weights soon but it may be gay!

Soldato
I'm getting sick of eating/cooking all the time :(

I weigh just less than our Sun. And someone once told me "if there's a choice between cutting and bulking, always choose cutting".

Diet

Morning: Scottish Oats, no sugar, jam and one banana
Lunch: Chicken and bocolli and half a protein bar
5ish: Rest of protein bar
Pre-workout: Black powder
Post-workout: Whey protein with frozen black forest berries juiced in

Whaaaaat? Always choose cutting? Who told you this nonsense?

Why do you stop eating after lunch? It's no wonder you're so hungry.

Soldato

No Wonder you're hungry. You're eating very little... Two meals a day and some snacks, especially if you are a big guy that is a tiny amount.

When losing weight you need to concentrate on what is sustainable, what you're eating just isn't. Sooner or later you're going to get sick of it and give in. If you do make it to your target weight, what then? You aren't in the habit of eating the correct amount, only your previous over eating, and your new under eating.

Why not try this:

Morning: Scottish Oats, no sugar, jam and one banana fine
Lunch: Chicken and bocolli & come carbs, rice/wholemeal pita/bread
3ish: snack- e.g.fruit & nuts
5ish: snack- e.g.fruit & nuts
Pre-workout: sugary/caffeinated drink
Post-workout: Have a meal! You know, dinner! Meat and two veg.

You're aiming to lose weight, there's absolutely no reason why you need to take supplements instead of real food.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guy I need to find some super calorific foods that don't involve: bread, dairy, whey or too many nuts.

I usually have some nut/seed/hemp snack which is good but I need something else too.

Really want some peanut butter on toast :(

Soldato
Coconut milk/oil/butter :)

I hate coconut, to the point where it makes me sick! I usually have oat milk though. Is there anything special about coconut milk?

Have you tried polenta? Buy it ready made in a block and fry it, gorgeous.

The turkey mince recipe I posted the other day is good too, doesn't take very long either.

Not tried polenta, it looks similar to cous cous though? Turkey mince recipe has been noted.

beef mince is pretty good imo

Shall add it to the shopping list. I'm having lamb burgers tonight because I fancy a change but beef burgers would be awesomes! Not had them for a while :)

Caporegime
I hate coconut, to the point where it makes me sick! I usually have oat milk though. Is there anything special about coconut milk?
Other than having coconut in it? No. Not a fan of raw coconut either but the milk is delicious. Quite partial to the odd Bounty now and again as well :o

Edit: I'm going to have a Bounty for breakfast now :D

Soldato
It can be. Or you can buy it in a block and cut it up and fry it. A bit like fried potato.

I see! Will have to add it to the shopping list too, thanks.

Other than having coconut in it? No. Not a fan of raw coconut either but the milk is delicious. Quite partial to the odd Bounty now and again as well :o

Edit: I'm going to have a Bounty for breakfast now :D

Urgh :( I feel sick just at the thought! You crazy person! Bleurgh! I think I was retching the last time I ate a Bounty! 'Twas many years ago.

I only have a PWO shake so I might add another shake in at some point during the day.

I could have it in oatmilk but it only has 1g of protein and 2g of non-sugary carbs (6.5g in total) per 100ml - how does this compare to normal milk?

I would be adding hemp powder to it so the protein content isn't anything to worry about.

As per that pic that Skill posted, I think I'm only hitting 2k cals a day...

Soldato
Guy I need to find some super calorific foods that don't involve: bread, dairy, whey or too many nuts.

I usually have some nut/seed/hemp snack which is good but I need something else too.

Really want some peanut butter on toast :(
Believe it or not coconut oil does not taste of coconut. It is very good for you and rich in MCT's. Try taking some before you go training, it will have you sweating buckets!

Also a very stable fat that will last years, I've got some that is 2 years beyond it's sell by date and it's still perfectly fine, no difference at all from my new tub. I've read somewhere that it just does not go off!

Mackerel is one of the best high calorie fatty meats, I make sure to eat it at least 2-3 times a week. Super high in EPA/DHA aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom