Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Legs in T- 45 minutes.

Squats
Lunges
Press
Extensions
High volume Calve work

Am looking forward to not being able to walk properly tomorrow :)

Associate
First day of Smolov.

4x9x112.5kg.

Weight wasn't heavy, just really not used to doing more than 5 reps, and really, really not used to doing more than 5 reps for more than 1 set. I'm back on creatine, and I'm front loading so hopefully the next week will be doable. All weights go up 10kg so I'll be doing 4x9x122.5kg next week.

Iso-butyl-propanoic-phenolic acid will be my favouritest best friend for the next month.

Soldato
I have a quick query to run past you all before tonights chest session. Sorry if this sounds really stupid.

I have always without fail used 5x5s for my leg work. It has created a defined look in my legs, which I am quite pleased about; and whilst I've always had good-sized legs, I am wondering what it does in the long term if I use 5x5s on my upper body?

The reason I ask this is I have always used 3 sets of 8 for my upper body, without fail. My upper body has grown somewhat, but my biceps/triceps have always lagged behind my back and chest and my natural physiology means fat does collect around my belly, and that wants coming off.

I do 30-60 mins of HIIT a week and do a 3 day split of legs, biceps/back, triceps/chest, incorporating Squats & SLDLs, Chinups & deadlifts and dips/benchpress.

Bearing all this in mind; if I started using 5x5s on my upper body, will I start seeing better improvements in definition as I have seen with my legs, or ought I stick to 8x3s?

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
Quick question guys, with the new job, I'm keeping cooking to a minimum. Only thing I'm cooking fresh every day is asparagus. But for the sake of convenience, how long will cooked asparagus keep for if I store it in the fridge?

Man of Honour
Not sure if this has been posted yet (in fact, was it in this thread that I found the link?...). 1hr42 powerlifting documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SnkyhKRiKmU
I've seen it before, it's a good watch :)
Quick question guys, with the new job, I'm keeping cooking to a minimum. Only thing I'm cooking fresh every day is asparagus. But for the sake of convenience, how long will cooked asparagus keep for if I store it in the fridge?
Probably a while, but it'll be soggy and horrible.

Soldato
Well, back home now. Figuring out where i'm going to build my pullup+dip bar in the garden :p I look forward to training rain or shine :cool: Will be able to train legs and any other bits i'm missing once a week (possibly twice) in my mates garage. No it may not be ideal but you can't say i'm not trying ;)

Back is feeling ****ing awful last couple of days and 2h30 in the car today certainly didn't help. Going to do so much mobility work here....

Last edited:
Soldato
Just did my chests/triceps.

Decided to go against 5x5s today and do my usual, until I research it more based on the video posted.

I made some progress today which I was quite pleased with:

BW+5kg Chest Dips: x12, x12, x9;
Incline Bench Press: 50kgx8, 50kgx8, 50kgx8;
DB Flies: 8x32kg;
CGBP: 50kgx8, 50kgx8, 50kgx8;
Rope Pushdown: 18.75kgx8, 18.75kgx8;

I have never, felt so pumped as I did today.

After the Dips I was quite pumped and then the inclines finished it.

I want to try to get to 55kg if possible on the Inclines and CGBPs, but I wouldn't have completed the sets had I put the weight up.

So all in all, disappointed with the CGBP and Inclines progress, but the flies went well as did the Chest dips. I'm going to try 10kg on the Dips next time, or is that too much just yet?

Kind regards,

David

Soldato
Felt tired, had no spotter and only managed 6 reps on the plus set. Better than expected after yesterday but a few reps short of what I hoped for last week. All in all a bit meh :(

Not looking forward to deadlifts at all. Can see myself spending the whole weekend recovering.

Sorry to hear it :(

I've had a couple bad ones, last month; but the deadlifts might go well you know!

Kind regards,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom