*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just find sommat to rest your phone on, t'is what I do:

Notice how high the bar is off the ground 'cause of the plates. You need to have your starting position around here. If you're too low, it will be literally impossible for you to get in to position and keep good form.

Form is good, although I always had the habit of trying not to go over arm grip, and I always scraped my shins and top of my knees haha :D

Oh how I want to do deadlifting and squatting. Not being able to do any real leg work hurts my brain :mad:

Tried some core work, leg raises are a no go, same for crunches, sit ups, planks and the ab wheel. All hurt my lower back like no tomorrow.

Today was easier than Tuesday so that's all good at least.

crosstrainer 10 mins

Chinups
BW 5x5

Dips

BW 10x5

Side lateral raises

5kg x5
6kg x10 3 sets
4kg x10 2 sets

Cable Rows

50kg x10
70kg x10 5 sets

Farmers Walk
11kg per hand

12 lengths of the gym
4 lengths 3 sets

Stretches and steamroom

Cable rows are far easier on my back than pull ups or chin ups at the moment. Hopefulyl I'll get back to doing weighted dips and chinups soon'ish.

Now i've an entire roasted hamhock to devour! :D:D

Soldato
I never said learning the deadlift is easy, what does that bit have to do with me? Here you go, there were plenty more i just wanted a small selection. Carry on as you were...

I'm sure I said in one of those posts that this is where I choose to rant and let off steam.

I don't always put up positive stuff because I post enough on here as it is. What I didn't say was that after I turned around from the gym I drove 100 miles home after I ate and did some HIIT, didn't see the point in posting that up though.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them!

Soldato
Guys, let it go. Sigma, you got your kick up the ass, Skill you made your point. Bit boring now.

Nightmare, my hands got so sweaty yesterday I could barely manage mixed grip, yet alone DOH!

Man of Honour
Sigma, you ARE making excuses.

Prop the camera up somewhere and just do it. If it's not perfect, then try again. It really isn't a big deal.

Man of Honour
I can't see how you can get tight on a bar with 5kg on each side?
I think the weight has to be a certain difficulty for you to be able to bring the right muscles in. It's hard to explain, do you know what I trying to say ice?
Yep.

Ideally you should be getting the right activation regardless of weight (I don't on everything), but as a beginner it will be more helpful to add a bit more weight. I'd always start with a 40kg bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom