*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
MichaelJacksonJackson_popcorn.gif

Soldato
I've just realised :rolleyes:

It should be easy enough to get a vid if I just rest the camera on the floor and just turn the bar around providing nobody is using the cable fly machine. Should be able to cover all angles. Rather than turn the camera around I'll turn myself around! Should have thought of that before.

Caporegime
So it's not just me then, bolded the bit for Skill to read :p ^

@40kg my back was taking over as soon as the bar left the ground pretty much.

I shall try and make a video tomorrow.

You said about bracing your core...? Do you know what this actually means as such? I'll try find an article on it as it's a good read. :)

The back shouldn't have that much strain to begin with. For instance, are your shoulders locked back before the lift etc?

Soldato
Yeah, shoulders locked (well, I think they are? the blades sort of pushed together solid) and core braced as if I'm about to take a punch - is this correct?

Shall I make a quick vid with a broom stick or is it not worth it without any weight?

Caporegime
The deadlift form will come though, take my two videos:

First one is from September 2011 - 75KG

Second is 77.5KG from February 2012 :)

As you can see, the difference in form / power is ridiculous...It'll just take time buddy :) The sooner you get a vid up, the quicker you'll be getting it correct and its benefits :)

EDIT: Looking at the second vid, I need to relax and relock my shoulders more. Will try when I'm back on it :p

Man of Honour
Inspiring improvement!

I really want to practice some heavy clean-pulls now, but I promised myself I'd give my ankle a weeks rest........

Soldato
Lol :p

Argh, it's not working, wasting too much time trying to sort it. To be honest the vid doesn't look anything too different from other peoples so I'll wait until tomorrow when I'm actually lifting and then we'll see what's what.

Caporegime
Lol :p

Argh, it's not working, wasting too much time trying to sort it. To be honest the vid doesn't look anything too different from other peoples so I'll wait until tomorrow when I'm actually lifting and then we'll see what's what.

Login to youtube, click upload video, paste link here...job done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom